Student users-only topic
Thread poster: hamdi toufik
Hello, I am a student in University_ Department of translation in Algeria. I look for new friends that interest in translation. Then I look for some books like :
4. Sofer, M. 1999 The Translator’s Handbook, Rockville, Maryland: Schreiber.
5. Baker, Mona (1992): In Other Words: A Coursebook on Translation, London and New York, Routledge.
6. Newmark, Peter (1988): A Textbook of Translation, New York, London, Prentice Hall.
7. CHESTERMAN, Andrew. 1997. Memes of Translation. Amsterdam/ Philadelphia: John Benjamins Pub. Co.
8. BAKER, M. (ed) 1977. The Routledge Encyclopedia of Translation.
And I have 4 interesting books of translation if you want, I will send them for you. I have:
1. Becker, A L - Beyond translation.
2. Bell, Rogert T - Translation and Translating Theory and practice.
3. Introducing. Translation. Studies--Theories.and.Applications.2001.
4. De Sacy.S. Traduction et commentaires - les Mille et une nuits T1.
| Welcome hamdi! || Oct 5, 2007 |
Welcome to our StudentZ forum! I'm sure you'll find many friends here that share your interest for translation. I suggest that you start at the thread Introductions in this forum, so that we learn more about you
As for the books, maybe you could use the Exchange area. http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange. The ProZ.com Translators Exchange is a system that users and members can use to offer and request books, language training, CAT tool training, travel advice and more. To post an offer or request, just create a post, and interested parties can respond to you.
Glad to have you here!
See you around,
| | wangfei
Local time: 18:11
i learn chinese language
Hi Hamdi and Wangfei - glad to have you here !
| English - German - Polish Translations Network || Oct 14, 2007 |
Nice to have the opportunity to have my say and share experience with You All. As for me, having network of friends who are specialized in certain areas is crucial.
I am Polish, 24, and I have been studying Applied Linguistics and English Studies at Technical University of Dresden.
I am specialized in Technical Mechanics and Lightweight structures Translations, all in all, I translate all sorts of texts in pairs 'PolishGermanEnglish'
1.S.Kessel/D.Fröhling.: Technical Mechanics, Fachbegriffe im deutschen und englischen Kontext,B.G. Teubner.Leipzig 1998
2.Milinska, Übersetzungskurs PL-DE und DE-PL, Oldenbourg Verlag München 1998
|This post is awaiting vetting. It was edited by the poster after being approved.|
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »