Mobile menu

Student users-only topic
Thread poster: Noe M
Noe M  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:09
English to Spanish
Nov 2, 2007

Are you looking for a Mentor? I am...and I haven´t got much luck in my search. Have you had the opportunity to work together with a mentor?
We could have this topic to share ideas and experiences, and tips on how to find a mentor!

My experience: I posted in "Community Exchange" a "mentoring request" post, and I haven´t heard from anyone : (

How did you do it?

[Edited at 2007-11-03 02:44]

Direct link

Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:09
German to French
+ ...
A suggestion... Jan 9, 2008

Hi Noe !

Have you thought about attending a powwow ? That's a good way to meet professional translators in your area, ask them any question you might have, establish a good relation with some of them - that way, you may find that one or more of them would be willing to be your mentor !
If there's no upcoming powwow in your region, why don't you propose one ? It's great fun and not very demanding in terms of organisation, you'll see !

That would be great if studentZ here who met pros at the occasion of powwows - and organised powwows - could share their experience here with us !

CheerZ !

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs