conferences and events
Thread poster: Marta Scapellato
Marta Scapellato  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:56
Italian to French
+ ...
Mar 18, 2008

Hello everybody !

there are 9 ProZ. Regional Conferences taking place all over the world in the next months, the first one will be in Polen next week.

Has anybody already attended a ProZ. conference ?

I thought it will be great to share our experiences on the Student Forum, I am really looking forward to know how conferences look like on the other side of the world !!

I will begin by telling my experience...

I had the chance to attend two Regional Conferences last year, the ones in Aix-en-Provence (France) and Dortmund (Germany). I had a really good time there and what I also enjoyed was that when I came back, I had the feeling I had changed. Even if they lasted two or three days I had the impression they had gone on for ages: they were actually very intensive because there were sessions all day and we had our meals together too, which was an excellent opportunity for networking.

I met translators from different countries and it was amazing to listen to their life stories (no one of them had just lived in only one country !). I could also get clearer ideas about my future professional orientation by talking to translators coming from a wide range of professional backgrounds.

So, when I came back home I felt like I had travelled around different countries in just two days ! Did you already have this kind of feeling ?

I am really looking forward to read your comments,

see you soon on the Forum and perhaps one day by a conference !

Marta

Direct link

Aldana Gómez Ríos  Identity Verified
Belgium
Spanish to English
+ ...
Upcoming Uruguay Conference Mar 18, 2008

Marta Scapellato wrote:

Hello everybody !

there are 9 ProZ. Regional Conferences taking place all over the world in the next months, the first one will be in Polen next week.

Has anybody already attended a ProZ. conference ?

I thought it will be great to share our experiences on the Student Forum, I am really looking forward to know how conferences look like on the other side of the world !!

I will begin by telling my experience...

I had the chance to attend two Regional Conferences last year, the ones in Aix-en-Provence (France) and Dortmund (Germany). I had a really good time there and what I also enjoyed was that when I came back, I had the feeling I had changed. Even if they lasted two or three days I had the impression they had gone on for ages: they were actually very intensive because there were sessions all day and we had our meals together too, which was an excellent opportunity for networking.

I met translators from different countries and it was amazing to listen to their life stories (no one of them had just lived in only one country !). I could also get clearer ideas about my future professional orientation by talking to translators coming from a wide range of professional backgrounds.

So, when I came back home I felt like I had travelled around different countries in just two days ! Did you already have this kind of feeling ?

I am really looking forward to read your comments,

see you soon on the Forum and perhaps one day by a conference !

Marta

Hey marta!

It must be really nice to get to attend a conference in Europe, where people from different countries (therefore different backgrounds - and languages!) get together.

I am planning on attending the Uruguay conference in August this year (if any of the studentZ here are interested as well, it would be lovely to meet you face to face!!), adjusting some minor details such as how I'm going to get there in the first place, where I'm staying, who I'm going with, etc. But I am mostly certain I will attend.

If you have the opportunity please come! Uruguay is a beautiful country and the Conference seems to be very well organized!

CheerZ,
Aldana.-

Direct link

Marta Scapellato  Identity Verified
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Aldana ! Mar 19, 2008

Unfortunately I don´t think I can be in Uruguay in August...it´s a bit far away and I don´t speak a word of Spanish...but...never say never !

I am sure you will enjoy the conference ! I would be glad to know about it !

Marta

Direct link

Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Many upcoming ProZ.com Conferences! Jul 17, 2008

Dear fellow StudentZ,

There are a whole bunch of upcoming regional conferences throughout the world!

- South America: Argentina, Uruguay, Chile
- Europe: Croatia, Italy, Portugal, Ukraine, Spain, France, UK
- Asia: China
- Australia

Remember that as student members you get a student discount of the conference price. ProZ.com Conferences are really worth the expense, so if there's one in your country...don't hesitate!

You'll find more information on the conference page: http://www.proz.com/conference/

CheerZ!

Anne

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

conferences and events

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs