Thread poster: Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 31, 2007

Dear members,

The fifth ProZ.com translation contest is underway!

This time all source texts are based on the common theme Travel.

The source texts in English and Spanish have been selected and
you are all invited to submit your entries.

More source texts in other languages will be added soon.
To submit your entry go to the “future
... See more
Dear members,

The fifth ProZ.com translation contest is underway!

This time all source texts are based on the common theme Travel.

The source texts in English and Spanish have been selected and
you are all invited to submit your entries.

More source texts in other languages will be added soon.
To submit your entry go to the “future contests page”
http://www.proz.com/contests . The deadline of the submission
phase is 26 November 15 GMT.

I know many of you have participated in the past contest, made it to the finals and we also had our student winners, of course. So, I hope to see new faces out there having fun and taking a shot at being the next winner of the ProZ.com translation contest!

Kind regards to all,

Sole.
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:57
German to French
+ ...
Sounds like fun ! Oct 31, 2007

Hey Sole and guys !

Was great fun taking part in the last contests - so let's give it a try !

CheerZ,

Anne

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good to see you are already participating Nov 2, 2007

Hey!

Already some new and old student faces at the contest!

Will we have more student winners this time? Hope so!

Good luck to you all!

S.

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New source texts at the trasnlation contest Nov 7, 2007

Three more source texts have been added to the Fifth ProZ.com Translation Contest: French, Italian and Romanian!

Click this link http://www.proz.com/contests to read the new sources texts and submit your entry!

Don't let this chance to get experience, network and have fun pass!

Regards,

Sole

S_Angel (X)
S_Angel (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
I'm tempted... Nov 8, 2007

Mmh, I could give it a try with the English text... but I really don't have much time lately, I already have so many translations for university to catch up on!
I'll take a look and see how long the source text is, I'll let you know!

Bye, guys!

Sara

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
So guys ? Nov 12, 2007

Hi dear fellow StudentZ !

So, who gave a try at the contest ? what did you think of the texts ? Share you experiences !!

Karol Kacprzak
Karol Kacprzak  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
striving for perfection Nov 12, 2007

I have the text alredy translated but I haven't submitted it yet. I feel like there is always something I could change and I don't want to submit it until I'm sure it's perfect.

It has, of course, some harder moments but I think it's not so bad after all. Surprisingly, the fragment I thought would be very easy gives me a real headache. It just doesn't sound right and I've rephrased it like thousand times

[Edite
... See more
I have the text alredy translated but I haven't submitted it yet. I feel like there is always something I could change and I don't want to submit it until I'm sure it's perfect.

It has, of course, some harder moments but I think it's not so bad after all. Surprisingly, the fragment I thought would be very easy gives me a real headache. It just doesn't sound right and I've rephrased it like thousand times

[Edited at 2007-11-12 22:15]
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You still have time! Nov 25, 2007

Hey Karol I saw you submitted your translation!
Good way to go there taking your shot at the contest with all the pros!

You have like one day and some more hours to submit your entry. So, there's plenty of time to get some real translation experience and have fun!

Hope we also have some student winners in this contest too.

Great Sunday!

S.

Annalisa Murara
Annalisa Murara
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Hello! Nov 27, 2007

Hello! my name is Annalisa, I've submitted my translation for the pair spanish-italian and I'm waiting for the results!
The text had some difficult passages, but I've made my best
Let's see what happens!
Bye Bye!

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translation Contest Qualification Round started! Nov 27, 2007

It's great to hear that Annalisa!
Guess, we are all anxious to see the outcome of the voting phase that has just started!

In this contest voting is open to all members and to the users who have been registered on the site for at least 1 month and who list the language pair of the entry they are voting for among the working or interest pairs in their profile. You will have three choices available to decide if a given entry has a chance to win or not: [Yes, it may be the best]
... See more
It's great to hear that Annalisa!
Guess, we are all anxious to see the outcome of the voting phase that has just started!

In this contest voting is open to all members and to the users who have been registered on the site for at least 1 month and who list the language pair of the entry they are voting for among the working or interest pairs in their profile. You will have three choices available to decide if a given entry has a chance to win or not: [Yes, it may be the best] [No, others are clearly better] [ I am not sure/ Decline to vote]

Please remember that from this contest on, if you vote negatively for an entry which then turns out to be a winning entry, you will not be able to vote in the qualification round of future contests. You will, however, be able to vote in the final round of each contest.
Read more about this here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=contests&sp_mode=faqs#contest_rules

You can cancel your vote and vote again only if the entry is still pending and subject to vote. You will be notified when your vote is a deciding vote and either qualifies an entry or removes it from the contest.

Also note that though submission phase for language pairs with at least seven entries is over, but submissions are still being accepted for pairs with 6 or fewer entries so if you work on any of those pairs please make your entry!

You can make your choices here http://www.proz.com/contests .
So go and vote for your favourite translation!

Kind regards to all,

Sole.
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still chance to make entries! Dec 4, 2007

The following languages combinations are below the threshold for voting. Since at least three entries are needed to have a final voting phase in a language pair, if no entries are made in these pairs they will not go for competition.

Two more entries are needed in the following language combinations to help them get into the final voting phase:

English - Farsi
English - Danish
English - Finnish
English - Japanese
English - Urdu
English - S
... See more
The following languages combinations are below the threshold for voting. Since at least three entries are needed to have a final voting phase in a language pair, if no entries are made in these pairs they will not go for competition.

Two more entries are needed in the following language combinations to help them get into the final voting phase:

English - Farsi
English - Danish
English - Finnish
English - Japanese
English - Urdu
English - Slovenian

Spanish - Galician
Spanish - Swedish

Italian - Czech
Italian - Macedonian

French - Dutch
French - Greek
French - Hindi
French -.Japanese
French - Macedonian
French - Polish

Romanian - Hungarian

And only one more entry is needed in the following:

English - Albanian
English - Ukrainian

Spanish - Greek
Spanish - Russian

Romanian - French
Romanian - Italian

Entries made in these pairs, if they go up to three, will go straight to the finals

So, take the chance to make an entry in these pairs and HAVE FUN!
You have time till tomorrow 15:00 GMT. http://www.proz.com/contests

CheerZ!

Sole
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fifth translation contest!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »