Daniela Koleva  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:14
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Nov 11, 2008

Hi everybody!

I have the following problem with Subtitle Workshop:
There's is this DVD with three separate movies and you would expect that they are on 3 different files. But it turns out that movie #1 continues on file #2 and movie #3 starts on file #2 and continues on file #3. OK. That wouldn't have been such a big problem if file #2 goes smoothly in Subtitle Workshop. The problem with it is that the timing bar (I'm not quite sure if this is the correct name of this thing) under the movie, doesn't work. So I don't see the times and I can't do anything with it... And I'm lost...
I have this idea to rip the whole DVD, make an AVI file and then cut it. I forgot to mention that I need to do only movies ## 1 & 3.

I would appreciate any suggestions...
Thanks a lot in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jing Nie
China
Local time: 06:14
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Use DVD2AVI to extract the 3 parts Nov 12, 2008

It is not the problem of subtitle workshop. You may use DVD2avi or Easyvcd or other similiar programs to extract the video files.

If the time-codes do not mathc the video, you can use subtitle workshop to adjust timing.

Daniela Koleva  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:14
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 12, 2008

Thanks for your reply Jing Nie.
I ripped the DVD to AVI and then extracted the movies I wanted. But I still cannot understand why the two VOB-s were OK at the Subtitle Workshop and third one didn't want to work..
Anyway.. problem's been solved and I finished the project.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Subtitle Workshop

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs