[Subtitling Rates] Rates for Transcribing + translation (audio files)
Thread poster: twintrad
twintrad
twintrad
French to English
Mar 15, 2009

Hello,
Does anyone have an idea of current rates for the above? (French audio files to be transcribed, then translated into English)?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-03-15 18:06 GMT]

whither has fle
whither has fle
France
Local time: 19:34
French to English
transcription rates Mar 15, 2009

Hi,

I was wondering myself about this. Sorry I cant help buthopefully someone will know.
Kind regards.

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:34
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Some tips Mar 15, 2009

Please read two previous posts of mine on this issue:

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/79508-transcribing_then_translating_how_would_you_charge.html#629467
... See more
Please read two previous posts of mine on this issue:

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/79508-transcribing_then_translating_how_would_you_charge.html#629467

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/104411-transcription_plus_translation.html#854018
Collapse

twintrad
twintrad
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Transcribe then translate Mar 15, 2009

Thank you very much! Will bookmark for reference!

fidaa2007
fidaa2007
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Transcription Rates Mar 15, 2009

Hi,
Actually, I have no idea about the rates of French but I've worked with an American Inc, before starting the job, we've agreed on 2.5 USD per minute and 0.05 per word. After completing about ten hours of transcribing and translating, they found that I've done the job very very well in comparison with others, so they decided to change the rate of transcription to be 3.25 USD per minute .

wish you the best.

Fran Cesca
Fran Cesca
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
transcribing + translating audio files Mar 15, 2009

I deal with this kind of work every day of my life. First of all it would be useful to know if your client needs both transcribing and translation. If so I am used to ask X for trascribing plus 30% for translating the transcript.

If your client just needs the final translation you can do the work only once, listening to the audio file and wrinting what you hear in the final language needed...

For the rates I am not so helpful because I usually work on forfait rates... S
... See more
I deal with this kind of work every day of my life. First of all it would be useful to know if your client needs both transcribing and translation. If so I am used to ask X for trascribing plus 30% for translating the transcript.

If your client just needs the final translation you can do the work only once, listening to the audio file and wrinting what you hear in the final language needed...

For the rates I am not so helpful because I usually work on forfait rates... Sorry
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Subtitling Rates] Rates for Transcribing + translation (audio files)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »