Subtitling software for Kurdish/Persian language
Thread poster: subnoos
subnoos
subnoos
Local time: 14:17
Apr 15, 2009

Hello evry one

I've been looking for a software that supports kurdish language ( unicode) and downloaded many softwares including:

sub workshop
submagic
winsubtitler
spot
EZtitles
media subtitler
sub station alpha
wincaps
... and many more

but they don't support (unicode ), so i have to edit the subtitles with Notpad wich takes more time.

does anyone knows of a software that solve my problem? ple
... See more
Hello evry one

I've been looking for a software that supports kurdish language ( unicode) and downloaded many softwares including:

sub workshop
submagic
winsubtitler
spot
EZtitles
media subtitler
sub station alpha
wincaps
... and many more

but they don't support (unicode ), so i have to edit the subtitles with Notpad wich takes more time.

does anyone knows of a software that solve my problem? please

Thank you

Ayad
Collapse

Jing Nie
Jing Nie
China
Local time: 20:17
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
RE:Subtitling software for Kurdish/Persian language Apr 16, 2009

You may use Aegisub, it has a steep learning curve. But if you only use it for translating subtitles, it is not difficult.

[修改时间: 2009-04-16 06:49 GMT]

Robert Tucker (X)
Robert Tucker (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:17
German to English
+ ...
Jubler Apr 16, 2009

Jubler

All encodings supported by Java platform are also supported here (like UTF-8). The user is able to select a list of preferred encodings in order to load the localized subtitle files.

http://www.jubler.org/features/index.php

subnoos
subnoos
Local time: 14:17
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Apr 19, 2009

thank you both for your replies, i'll try jubler & Aegisub, i hope they can solve this

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling software for Kurdish/Persian language

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »