film subtitling .avi/DVD - what is easier/quicker?
Thread poster: Mikhail Kriviniouk

Mikhail Kriviniouk  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:58
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 8, 2004

Would appreciate any advice on subtitling films. I am subtitling a 2 hour film. Doing it in MPEG-4, (.avi) in Adobe Premier. Seems a bit too cumbersome to do a separate video timeline and then incorporating it into the main videostream and then recompressing... DVD subtitles - small file are they not - which do not requite re-rendering the main video file. Am I wrong? Anyone has any experience of any software which would let me make a DVD subtitling file?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
Subtitle Workshop Mar 8, 2004

You may have a look at:

http://www.urusoft.net/products.php?cat=sw&lang=1

Good luck!

Nedzad Selmanovic
Local time: 22:58
English to Bosnian
+ ...
try Subtitle Workshop Mar 8, 2004

As mentioned in previous answer, try Subtitle Workshop. It is reliable and very useful.

Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Great Mar 11, 2004

Thanks guys! The little program is just fantastic. Works very fast. Makes subtitles which can be played directly in BSplayer... Exactly what the doctor ordered. NICE!

Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More soft needed... Nov 22, 2004

Anyone knows a good programme which would handle formats PAC and STL (the latter is not the same as Subtitle Workshop supported .stl format), I really do not want to buy "Spot 4.1" for just one job, I am sure there must be a programme somwhere which could convert these blasted formats to something Subtitle Workshop can handle... I just don't know where.

Any ideas?

nOOb
English to Portuguese
... Nov 10, 2005

DVD Subtitling is easier and faster!
If u wanna subtitle in DVD, you just have to get a subtitling software and start subtitling!
If you want more details about DVD subtitling, send me a PM or wait because soon I'll post a Subtitling tutorial.

mkimcpa
Local time: 05:28
English to Korean
+ ...
Does any one have answer to Mikhail's question? Mar 28, 2006

Mikhail Kriviniouk wrote:

Anyone knows a good programme which would handle formats PAC and STL (the latter is not the same as Subtitle Workshop supported .stl format), I really do not want to buy "Spot 4.1" for just one job, I am sure there must be a programme somwhere which could convert these blasted formats to something Subtitle Workshop can handle... I just don't know where.

Any ideas?

Carla Schaudt  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:58
English to German
+ ...
No idea, really Mar 29, 2006

I am sure there must be a programme somwhere which could convert these blasted formats to something Subtitle Workshop can handle... I just don't know where.

Hello Michael and Kim,
the reason nobody answered in the first place may have been that there is no cheaper / simpler program than Spot, which is already a budget program ...

I'm eager to be convinced of the opposite, though.

Kind regards,
Carla

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

film subtitling .avi/DVD - what is easier/quicker?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs