https://www.proz.com/forum/subtitling/33367-which_software_are_used_for_video_subtitling.html

Which software are used for video subtitling?
Thread poster: Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 22:15
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jun 14, 2005

Recently there was a job posting in my language pair for video subtitling, but it had also asked for previous experience in use of video subtitling software. I have translated scripts of videos and films, but have never used any special software other than the usual word processors like MSWord. Are there any specific softwares that are used by translators who work on video subtitling? I shall be very much obliged if someone will point out some of these softwares so that I can acquaint myself wit... See more
Recently there was a job posting in my language pair for video subtitling, but it had also asked for previous experience in use of video subtitling software. I have translated scripts of videos and films, but have never used any special software other than the usual word processors like MSWord. Are there any specific softwares that are used by translators who work on video subtitling? I shall be very much obliged if someone will point out some of these softwares so that I can acquaint myself with these softwares and be better prepared for any future opportunities in this area of work.Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:45
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Moving the topic Jun 14, 2005

to the Software Applications forum

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which software are used for video subtitling?

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »