Débora D'Eramo
Débora D'Eramo  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:14
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Oct 13, 2005

Hi everybody!
As a newbie in the subtitling field, I'd like to know how I can save a subtitle file I created (not downloades, but created from scratch). I press "Save as" and I get different formats but don't know which one to choose in order to be able to view the film later.
Any help will be appreciated

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 01:14
English to Spanish
The subtitle format you choose... Oct 13, 2005

depends on the player you plan to use later on to view the subtitles. The most common extensions are SubRip (.srt), SubViewer or MicroDVD (.sub) or Sub Station Alpha (.ssa).

Most viewers support a vast array of subtitle types, but you won't go wrong if you choose any of the above (and to see your new subs in action you can try BSPlayer, the Core, Divx Subtitle Displayer, ViPlay, and so on).

BTW, although Subtitle Workshop is undoubtedly a good program, I increasingly us
... See more
depends on the player you plan to use later on to view the subtitles. The most common extensions are SubRip (.srt), SubViewer or MicroDVD (.sub) or Sub Station Alpha (.ssa).

Most viewers support a vast array of subtitle types, but you won't go wrong if you choose any of the above (and to see your new subs in action you can try BSPlayer, the Core, Divx Subtitle Displayer, ViPlay, and so on).

BTW, although Subtitle Workshop is undoubtedly a good program, I increasingly use DivxLand Media Subtitler thanks to its great "press and hold" option.

Happy subtitling!

[Edited at 2005-10-13 20:14]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

saving new files in Subtitle Workshop

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »