Debora Villa
Debora Villa
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:01
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 24, 2006

Hi there,

I am based in the UK and I am interestend in a course in subtitling. Unfortunately all the courses I have found so far are offered in London. Could anyone suggest any distance/online courses?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Paula Gayol
Paula Gayol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:01
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
en la UAB Mar 24, 2006

Hola Debora

La Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona tiene un máster en traducción audiovisual y algunos de sus módulos, entre ellos creo que el de subtitulado, se pueden cursar por separado y online. Hace un par de años era así, me imagino que no habrá cambiado la cosa.

... See more
Hola Debora

La Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona tiene un máster en traducción audiovisual y algunos de sus módulos, entre ellos creo que el de subtitulado, se pueden cursar por separado y online. Hace un par de años era así, me imagino que no habrá cambiado la cosa.

Un saludo,

http://www.fti.uab.es/pg.audiovisual/

http://www.fti.uab.es/onptav/

[Edited at 2006-03-24 21:14]

[Edited at 2006-03-24 21:39]
Collapse

MONICA DOMINGUEZ
MONICA DOMINGUEZ  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
TRADUCCIÓN DE AUDIOVISUALES: Técnicas y herramientas para el subtitulado Mar 27, 2006

I am also looking for womething like that so I requested some info at this web page, and they seem quite good.
It's got a very good price, prospectives and you can start it at any time.

http://www.tsedi.com/traducciondeaudiovisuales.htm

Good luck

exitsl (X)
exitsl (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TRADUCCIÓN DE AUDIOVISUALES: Técnicas y herramientas para el subtitulado Apr 27, 2006

I personally know the teacher of this course and she is very professional and experienced.

http://www.tsedi.com/traducciondeaudiovisuales.htm

nictoria
nictoria
Spanish to English
Online Subtitling Course Aug 20, 2006

For those who know about the Barcelona course, would that course just be from English to Spanish? Or is it possible to do the other way round or with other languages? I have looked at the website and it gave me that impression, although it looks a great course. Would love to know from anyone who has done the course.

I have also been s
... See more
For those who know about the Barcelona course, would that course just be from English to Spanish? Or is it possible to do the other way round or with other languages? I have looked at the website and it gave me that impression, although it looks a great course. Would love to know from anyone who has done the course.

I have also been sent information from an online course www.subtitlingworldwide.com which also assumes translation from English to another language but if you send in video tapes or mpg files of programmes in the language you would like to translate, they can adapt the course. I don't know how good the course is though.

Very helpful information on here as always, many thanks!

[Edited at 2006-08-20 13:25]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling Courses

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »