Thread poster: Susanne Glas
Susanne Glas
Susanne Glas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:42
English to German
+ ...
Apr 11, 2007

I was searching for free voice over software and found DubIt. Is this a good software for making audio files? I don't just want to download anything. I am planning to get into voice over and make audio files. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
The URL... Apr 12, 2007

Susanne Glas wrote:
I was searching for free voice over software and found DubIt. Is this a good software for making audio files? I don't just want to download anything.

The URL is here:
http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/accessories/dubit.asp

The download file is only 1.9 MB... why not download it and try it? It's not like you'll be downloading all night long.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Quick review Apr 12, 2007

Susanne Glas wrote:
I am planning to get into voice over and make audio files.

I just downloaded it and tried it out. Dubit is simple but user-friendly. It has the following functions:

1. Import an image file or a video file (with or without sound) and record voice over it, or merge it with an existing sound file, and save as AVI.
2. Merge a number of images with a sound file to create a slide show with sound, saved as AVI.
3. Apparently you can add or remove sound at any place in the file, but I haven't tested how easy or userfriendly that feature is.

I suspect Dubit would be good for both amateur and professional voice-overs, if the raw files are of good quality.

Susanne Glas
Susanne Glas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:42
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 18, 2007

I downloaded it and will try it. Looks easy to use.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

free DubIt software

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »