Ceix Translations
Thread poster: Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:12
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 28, 2003

Hej, har någon av er fått en förfrågan av denna byrå (Spanien) om att göra ett översättningsprov?
Jag blev tillfrågad att göra ett ganska stort prov på tre texter(839) ord där en text var avklippt.

Hör av dig per mail direkt om du vill i sådant fall.

Hälsningar
Anette

Hans-Bertil Karlsson (X)
Hans-Bertil Karlsson (X)
Sweden
Local time: 14:12
Norwegian to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Ceix Oct 28, 2003

Jag fick också en förfrågan för några dagar sedan. En ganska anonym sådan, där de vill lägga till mig till deras databas.

Min erfarenhet av sådana mail är att det inte händer mycket därefter - i vissa fall ombeds man kanske göra en testöversättning.

Jag vet inte varför de samlar namn ?? Kanske är det nystartade agenturer som hoppas kunna få mängder av kunder ?? Livet är dock för det mesta inte så enkelt...
See more
Jag fick också en förfrågan för några dagar sedan. En ganska anonym sådan, där de vill lägga till mig till deras databas.

Min erfarenhet av sådana mail är att det inte händer mycket därefter - i vissa fall ombeds man kanske göra en testöversättning.

Jag vet inte varför de samlar namn ?? Kanske är det nystartade agenturer som hoppas kunna få mängder av kunder ?? Livet är dock för det mesta inte så enkelt

Under alla förhållanden är min erfarenhet att spanska agenturer betalar mycket dåligt, och när nu kronan blivit så stark, är det för det mesta helt olönsamt (sådär 50 öre per ord)

Hans B
Collapse

Arturo Mannino
Arturo Mannino  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:12
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Please repeat it in english: I have been working for Ceix Nov 6, 2003

Hi Annette,

I read "Ceix" and "Spain" in your topic and I guess you are looking for some information about this agency. I don't understand swedish but I made a couple of jobs for them, so I could be able to help you. Yet I'm not sure about what do you want to know about them, so could you please repeat your core question in english?

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:12
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ceix Translations English Nov 7, 2003

Hi Arturo, great to hear from you!
I asked about the agency because I received a request to do a rather large test translation into Swedish and when I could not find any information about them anywhere I was a bit suspicious.
There was a request for a rating a couple of weeks ago just before I heard from them bu no reply from anyone.
I would like to know how sincere they are and how good their payment practices are before I accept any jobs from them.

Look forward
... See more
I asked about the agency because I received a request to do a rather large test translation into Swedish and when I could not find any information about them anywhere I was a bit suspicious.
There was a request for a rating a couple of weeks ago just before I heard from them bu no reply from anyone.
I would like to know how sincere they are and how good their payment practices are before I accept any jobs from them.

Look forward to hear from you!

Grazias,

Anette

Arturo Mannino wrote:

Hi Annette,

I read \"Ceix\" and \"Spain\" in your topic and I guess you are looking for some information about this agency. I don\'t understand swedish but I made a couple of jobs for them, so I could be able to help you. Yet I\'m not sure about what do you want to know about them, so could you please repeat your core question in english?
Collapse

zulemaf
zulemaf
Argentina
Local time: 09:12
English to Spanish
CEIX TRANSLATIONS Nov 13, 2003

Anette U wrote:

Look forward to hear from you!

Grazias,

Anette

Arturo Mannino wrote:

Hi Annette,

I read "Ceix" and "Spain" in your topic and I guess you are looking for some information about this agency. I don't understand swedish but I made a couple of jobs for them, so I could be able to help you. Yet I'm not sure about what do you want to know about them, so could you please repeat your core question in english?

zulemaf
zulemaf
Argentina
Local time: 09:12
English to Spanish
CEIX TRANSLATIONS Nov 13, 2003

Hi Annette! I have just seen this thread... I can tell you about my experience: I started to work for them some three months ago, and so far have been paid fully and right on time. I find them very professional people. Hope this helps.
Kindest regards,
Zulema (Argentina)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ceix Translations

Translation news in Sweden

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »