Hej Sverige (Nouveau en Suède)
Thread poster: Emmanuel Sanjuan

Emmanuel Sanjuan  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:02
Spanish to French
+ ...
Feb 9, 2004

Bonjour Ă  tous.
Je commence à faire des traductions techniques de l'anglais vers le français et de l'espagnol vers le français.
Combien dois-je demander au mot en Couronnes?

Tack tack
Hej do.

Direct link Reply with quote
English to Swedish
+ ...
It depends.... Mar 3, 2004

Combien dois-je demander au mot en Couronnes?

Hej Emmanuel!

Although I understand written French and Spanish, I cannot write either of them properly, so excuse me for replying in English.

Before setting a price, you should consider your own level of experience, in

a.) translation
b.) the subject of the translation

If you are starting out as a translator, I think you should try to find agencies in France and Spain/Latin America who are willing to proofread your texts and give you constructive criticism / feedback.

In this case, offer your services at a low rate (e.g. 50 Ăśre / source text word) in exchange for them teaching you how to translate well.

If you are lucky, you will find a mentor to take you through your first one or two years, and after this, you will be able to gradually demand better rates.

Please note that your target market is the most important for your rates - you are competing on French and Spanish/Latin American terms - so French and Spanish/Latin American rates will affect you as a professional. You will probably have to adjust to that reality more than to the price level and rates of Sweden.

Mes meilleures sentiments,

Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Bienvenu! Mar 3, 2004

Cher Emmanuel,

Ce forum porte sur des participants qui parlent suĂŠdois mais comme exception....

Mürten t'a donnÊ des très bons conseils.

Á la prochaine fois - en suÊdois.

Mats J C Wiman
Übersetzer/Translator/Traducteur/Traductor > swe
( moderator, deu>swe, Swedish)
Träsk 201
SE-872 97 Skog
Tel:+46-612-54112 Fax:+46-612-54181 Mobile:+46-70-5769797

Emmanuel Sanjuan  Identity Verified
Spanish to French
+ ...
tack tack Mar 11, 2004

Hej Marten

For the moment, I just write a few words in Swedish; I am takin courses in an SFI center.
I just wanted to say "thank-you" for your answering.
I am also a fan of Asia. We traveled my Sambo and me in Viet-Nam, Indonesia, Thailand and we want to visit Angkor the next time.
Bye bye.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hej Sverige (Nouveau en Suède)

Advanced search

Translation news in Sweden

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs