Off topic: Christmas quiz
Thread poster: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:27
Swedish to English
+ ...
Dec 25, 2007

In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I'd start a quiz thread aim at those, who like myself, would do anything to avoid having to do the washing up.

This is aimed at all colleagues with any kind of knowledge of Swedish (though speakers of other Scandinavian languages are welcome to participate). Please feel free to add any questions relating to Scandinavian languages or linguistics. The more open-ended the better (not to mention impossible…).

My first question is:

A) Give me a one-word translation equivalent of "lagom" in any other language.

God Jul
Madeleine

Direct link Reply with quote

skport  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:27
Portuguese to English
+ ...
110% Lagom Nov 21, 2008

Hi Madeleine,

Quite a late reply to this thread, but better late than never, and just in time for the spirit of Christmas 2008!

I am trying to learn Swedish and browsing this forum I noticed this thread in English.

I do not know the answer to the quiz question, but I do know a man who might, and who is guaranteed make you laugh if you happen to be anywhere near Stockholm or Östergötland.

Check out the story:

http://www.newsdesk.se/pressroom/stagepool/pressrelease/view/110-lagom-251496

And Happy Christmas!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Christmas quiz

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums