https://www.proz.com/forum/teaching_and_learning_languages/128285-teaching_english_to_preschool_children.html

Teaching English to preschool children
Thread poster: Claire Titchmarsh
Claire Titchmarsh
Claire Titchmarsh  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:23
Member (2013)
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2009

Does anyone know of any courses for would-be teachers of English to preschoolers? I am interested in teaching the 2-5 age group, and the only thing I have found is the Young Learners' extension to the Cambridge Celta, which starts from ages 5 and up.

Any input anyone might have would be much appreciated.

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 15:23
Helen Doron & English is fun by Diana Kisling Feb 23, 2009

I know 2 courses, which are specialized in training English teachers for kids. One is Helen Doron early English, the other English is fun by Diana Kissling. Helon Doron is expanding to Italy lately, but the fees are expensive for the training and you have to work on a franchise basis afterwords. I personally took part in a training course by Diana Kisling many years ago. It was very interesting, informative, affordable in terms of price, and lasted only 2 days. Unfortunately Diana offered her t... See more
I know 2 courses, which are specialized in training English teachers for kids. One is Helen Doron early English, the other English is fun by Diana Kissling. Helon Doron is expanding to Italy lately, but the fees are expensive for the training and you have to work on a franchise basis afterwords. I personally took part in a training course by Diana Kisling many years ago. It was very interesting, informative, affordable in terms of price, and lasted only 2 days. Unfortunately Diana offered her training only in South Bavaria (not in South Tirol), where she lives. An alternative would be, you order Diana's training material and learn it by yourself.

For more information please see:
Diana Kisling
Helen Doron
Collapse

Liza Trojan
Liza Trojan
Poland
Local time: 21:23
English to Polish
+ ...
Helen Doron Feb 23, 2009

I did the course a few years ago and the method is highly effective. It is quite expensive but I wanted to teach my own children. You can also earn quite a lot of you have many groups. Recently, I was surprised to hear from my daughter (13) that she learnt English the most while doing an HD course while she was 6-9.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Teaching English to preschool children

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »