Teaching Resources in German
Thread poster: erudite (X)
erudite (X)
erudite (X)
Local time: 02:42
French to English
+ ...
Sep 15, 2004

Hello, I'm hoping someone can lend a hand. I'm teaching Biology to a class of A level students. Two of the girls are German and I'd like to give them a few extra resources to help them with revision. I intend to produce bi-lingual diagrams and the like.

Does anyone know of good, reliable educational websites in German. Something that your average German teenager would use to revise.

Thanks, Rachel

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-09-16 14:14]

Carley Hydusik
Carley Hydusik  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:42
Russian to English
+ ...
Might want to add "German" to the title Sep 15, 2004

Hi Rachel,

Wow, you sound like a dedicated teacher! I unfortunately don't know of resources like those you seek, but I was thinking that you might want to change the name of your string to include German in the title... it might attract more native speakers of German who would know these things...

Carley

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:42
German to English
Teaching Resources Sep 15, 2004

erudite wrote:
... to give them a few extra resources to help them with revision. I intend to produce bi-lingual diagrams and the like.
Thanks, Rachel

Hi Rachel,
As an American, I'm not sure I know what you mean by "revision." I think the term is used differently in the UK than in the US. Can you clarify?

mezacc
mezacc  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Links Sep 15, 2004

erudite wrote:

to help them with revision. I intend to produce bi-lingual diagrams and the like.

Thanks, Rachel

Hello Rachel,

I take it that you are looking for material to help the German students study/prepare, right? I don\'t know about the \"average\" student, but here are some places to start.

Good luck!

Mike

blogg.unicum.de/mmorpg/eintrag.php?id=4

www.bildungsserver.de/db/fachlist.html?fach=4156¤t=5&second=1

www.autenrieths.de/links/linksbio.htm

www.lernen-mit-spass.ch/links/biologie.php

dbs.schule.de/db/fachlist.html?fach=129

www.learn-line.nrw.de/angebote/neuemedien/medio/softuebl/biologie/gbio.htm

cgi-host.uni-marburg.de/~om/vvz/fb.php?lang=de&id=17

www.schule-und-bildung.de/linksammlung/?show=lehrer&kat=Unterrichtslinks&katlink=Biologie&all=Unterrichtsmaterial%20Biologie&allany=%20and%20

www.openwebschool.de/basics/links/links4f.html

erudite (X)
erudite (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
revision Sep 16, 2004

Hello Kim,

thanks for taking an interest. Revision is when a student goes over a topic previously learnt. This could be in preparation for an exam for example.

Rachel

Kim Metzger wrote:

erudite wrote:
... to give them a few extra resources to help them with revision. I intend to produce bi-lingual diagrams and the like.
Thanks, Rachel

Hi Rachel,
As an American, I'm not sure I know what you mean by "revision." I think the term is used differently in the UK than in the US. Can you clarify?

erudite (X)
erudite (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Change of string title Sep 16, 2004

Hello again,
how do I go about changing the title of this string to 'Teaching Resources in German'?
Thank-you
Rachel

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:42
German to English
Teaching Resources in German Sep 16, 2004

erudite wrote:

Hello again,
how do I go about changing the title of this string to 'Teaching Resources in German'?
Thank-you
Rachel

Hi Rachel, I just changed the title. Let's see if we will get more responses. But Mike's (mezacc's) links are fantastic. I'd let your students take a look at them.

Cheers, Kim

[Edited at 2004-09-16 14:49]

[Edited at 2004-09-16 14:49]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Teaching Resources in German

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »