Online resources for Urdu learners
Thread poster: Roxana Marian

Roxana Marian
Local time: 07:51
English to Romanian
+ ...
Oct 24, 2004

Hello everybody,

I have been trying for sometime now to find the time to start learning Urdu properly. I have a couple of books and possible access to others but I would be interested in finding online resources. Does anybody have any ideas?

I would also appreciate any advice on books and dictionaries. My level is ... according to my own assessment, lower-intermediate.

Many thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

Ashar  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:51
Member (2006)
English to Urdu
+ ...
Urdu resources Oct 24, 2004

Welcome to Urdu language, the language of romance and fantasy.

Urdu is highly flexible and adaptable. That's why one finds so many words originating from Turkish, Arabic, Persian, Hindi, English into Urdu which don't seen unfamiliar at all.

Until some years back, there were not much online resources available in Urdu but the situation is rapidly changing. Today you can find a number of Urdu websites and portals where you'd find articles and items of interest. Just give a general search of "Urdu" on Yahoo and you would find plenty of them i.e., etc.

On international news websites like BBC, VOA, VOG, Radio China, Radio Iran you will find regular Urdu pages with news text and also audio files. Another site is a (where I work also) is a site where you would find regular updated Urdu news every hour.

If you need any particular information on learning Urdu or need guidance you are always welcome to contact.

Local time: 07:51
Turkish to English
+ ...
hi Oct 24, 2004

you could try this site.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online resources for Urdu learners

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs