Writing a Career Essay on Translation as a Career, Need Interviewees!
Thread poster: detectiveskips
detectiveskips
detectiveskips
United States
Apr 15, 2015

Hello my name is Kelsey Holder and I am currently a college student. I am interested in being a translator and I was recently assigned a career essay.

For current translators, I need a few interviewees to answer a few questions. Basic things like name, current occupation, education, and years in service. After that, I just need three positives about your job, a negative, and any advice you have to offer.

For current students, I also need at least thirty people to expla
... See more
Hello my name is Kelsey Holder and I am currently a college student. I am interested in being a translator and I was recently assigned a career essay.

For current translators, I need a few interviewees to answer a few questions. Basic things like name, current occupation, education, and years in service. After that, I just need three positives about your job, a negative, and any advice you have to offer.

For current students, I also need at least thirty people to explain why they chose Foreign Language as a major. Gender and race is needed as well.

Thank you.

If you want to keep responses private, just email

[email protected]
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 10:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Outlook? No thanks Apr 18, 2015

I clicked on the gmail link and it immediately started trying to configure Outlook on my PC. As I hate the nosy, interfering thing and avoid it like the plague, I'm afraid I won't be communicating with you via that route. Try posting a link to the survey that doesn't involve a program that pries into my personal details and I might fill it in for you.

Diana Obermeyer
Diana Obermeyer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:05
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
?? Apr 18, 2015

neilmac wrote:

I clicked on the gmail link and it immediately started trying to configure Outlook on my PC. As I hate the nosy, interfering thing and avoid it like the plague, I'm afraid I won't be communicating with you via that route. Try posting a link to the survey that doesn't involve a program that pries into my personal details and I might fill it in for you.

The outlook thing is your own computer set up, the OP simply posted his email address as an alternative to answering the questions in a public forum.
The questions include the name, so this would rule out an anonymous survey.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 10:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Horses for courses Apr 20, 2015

dianaft wrote:

The outlook thing is your own computer set up, the OP simply posted his email address as an alternative to answering the questions in a public forum.
The questions include the name, so this would rule out an anonymous survey.

Correct, I do not use Outlook on my PC. However, I can click on certain links and connect to the related sites without any problems, whereas others prompt Outlook to start configuring itself on my PC, which I do not want. I know that I can probably just cut and paste the email address into the appropriate part of my outgoing webmail, but my antipathy to Outlook is such that it puts me off doing so. I'm not concerned about the privacy aspect per se.

[Edited at 2015-04-20 14:13 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Writing a Career Essay on Translation as a Career, Need Interviewees!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »