Average fees for teaching French in Germany
Thread poster: Karine J.
Karine J.
Karine J.
Local time: 12:09
French to German
+ ...
Jul 29, 2005

just want to have an idea of what is usually applied for teaching French in Germany and how long (45 minutes or 1 full hour?)
Thanks in advance for your advises

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
My experience Jul 30, 2005

My experience of teaching French in Germany is that the lessons are 45 minutes long, and you receive a relatively low fee. As far as I recall, I got DM 20 around 8 years ago.

Karine J.
Karine J.
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Merci Aug 2, 2005

Hello Astrid,

thank you very much for your support.

Saifa (X)
Saifa (X)
German to French
+ ...
Another experience Aug 10, 2005

Hi Karine,

I have been teaching French for years in Germany, and the best fee I ever got (which was two years ago, as I stopped) was 20 €/hour (45 minutes, adults who had to learn it for work, during their working hours: business French and technical French).

I stopped because I was loosing more than 1 hour to get there and 1 hour to come back, and I had to prepare and correct a lot, which was of course not extra paid.

If you want to teach here, try to
... See more
Hi Karine,

I have been teaching French for years in Germany, and the best fee I ever got (which was two years ago, as I stopped) was 20 €/hour (45 minutes, adults who had to learn it for work, during their working hours: business French and technical French).

I stopped because I was loosing more than 1 hour to get there and 1 hour to come back, and I had to prepare and correct a lot, which was of course not extra paid.

If you want to teach here, try to find some business clients (industry), as language schools will probably pay you much less.

Regards

Chademu

[Edited at 2005-08-10 11:38]
Collapse

Karine J.
Karine J.
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 19, 2005

Thank you for your experience

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Average fees for teaching French in Germany

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »