Teaching Headway Intermediate? A question.
Thread poster: Palko Agi
Palko Agi
Palko Agi  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:40
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 23, 2006

Can you please tell me what exercise is on page 124? The last exercise in Unit 12?

(I am wondering if this exercise is the same in all editions.)

Thanks

Palkó Ági

Susan Andrew
Susan Andrew
Local time: 04:40
Spanish to English
In the new Headway.... Jan 23, 2006

On page 124 there is a letter from an English student to an English family she stayed with. The exercise is to correct the letter (more than 25 mistakes), then write a thank-you letter to someone you have stayed with.

oxygen4u
oxygen4u
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same here... Jan 24, 2006

I checked my New Headway and I got the same as Susan from Spain.

Maybe you have a different edition. The Headway series changes every 4 years I believe.

Palko Agi
Palko Agi  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:40
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's it... Jan 24, 2006

What nationality is the student in your edition? What type of mistakes did she/he make?

In Hungary the student is Hungarian and she made very typical Hungarian mistakes - that's why I was wondering whether they prepared a different version for each country (or rather language) or does everybody study Hungarian mistakes.
Just curious. Thank you

Agi

Susan Andrew
Susan Andrew
Spanish to English
Yeah, she's Hungarian..... Jan 24, 2006

in my edition too. To be honest the mistakes are quite typical of all foreigners I think.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Teaching Headway Intermediate? A question.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »