Thread poster: Alexxx
Alexxx
Alexxx
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:40
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2006

Hi everybody. I hope this is the right forum for my query. I am trying to help out a French colleague of mine to find a good English course (classes + accommodation) for his twins, who are 17, and have been learning English for some years in the French school system. Can anybody recommend a good school? I believe London, Cambridge or Oxford would be preferred locations. Thank you very much in advance for any help you can offer. Regards Alexxx

Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
Local time: 12:40
English to Arabic
+ ...
Experience and self learning is effective rather than school Feb 1, 2006

Good morning

These are not only words but this is reality. I have went through the following experience. I depended on my sefl and determined to be good translator and language learner. Believe it or not, schools do not satisfay needs. usually I quarrel with my family members to keep up with TV And Radio learning programmes to the extent that people always put the following question to me. Where have you learnt English? My mother language is Arabic and I am successful in writing and
... See more
Good morning

These are not only words but this is reality. I have went through the following experience. I depended on my sefl and determined to be good translator and language learner. Believe it or not, schools do not satisfay needs. usually I quarrel with my family members to keep up with TV And Radio learning programmes to the extent that people always put the following question to me. Where have you learnt English? My mother language is Arabic and I am successful in writing and using English in essence and this is due to my quite desire. One of the journalist of BBC told me that I use English better than her and she is Moriss the BBC reporter when she turned up to my house for interview.
SELF LEARNING IS EFFECTIVE AND TIME SAVING ON ECONOMIC GROUNDS.

Thanks
Collapse

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Your request is too vague... Feb 4, 2006

Nobody can help, unless we know more about it. To start with: Is this for a summer course? Or for an academic year? Once that is established, there would be an awful lot more questions.

The best would be for them to look around on the internet, see what suits them, make shortlist, then post it to ask if anybody knows specifically about these schools/courses.

Anna Blackab (X)
Anna Blackab (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Course in the UK Feb 21, 2006

Hi

I used to work in an English language school in Brighton, and my advice to you is be very careful about your choice of school. English language summer schools are a booming industry at the moment, and quite a few disreputable companies are taking advantage of this.

I strongly recommend that you choose a British Council accredited school, I'm sure if you looked at their website they will point you in the right direction. They regularly inspect schools on academic st
... See more
Hi

I used to work in an English language school in Brighton, and my advice to you is be very careful about your choice of school. English language summer schools are a booming industry at the moment, and quite a few disreputable companies are taking advantage of this.

I strongly recommend that you choose a British Council accredited school, I'm sure if you looked at their website they will point you in the right direction. They regularly inspect schools on academic standards, and also very importantly on host families.

Hope this helps
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Good English course (UK) for 2 French teenagers

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »