Mobile menu

Resources online for a new language
Thread poster: xxxdimitris_gre
xxxdimitris_gre  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:54
Oct 18, 2007

I'm interested in learning the fundamentals of a new language like japanese or chinese. Being a european means that I have to get used in a completely new way of letters, symbols, words, syntax etc. Do you know any good online resources that can help me making a good start in any of these languages? Have you tried this way of learning at least the basics and what was the outcome?

Direct link Reply with quote

italia  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:54
Italian to German
+ ...
Have a look at the teaching forum Oct 18, 2007

Hi again Dimitrios,
Do navigate through the Teaching forum, you will certainly find a lot of info.
Here are two links for Chinese resources: I opened this thread in 2005.

Good luck with your language studies:)))
PS: Unfortunately I can't tell you anything about the outome as in the end I didn't find enough time to go on with my Chinese.

[Edited at 2007-10-18 21:02]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resources online for a new language

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs