Thread poster: virginia1
virginia1  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 10:09
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 26, 2007

Hi all,

I'm thinking about moving to the Netherlands and I would like to know if there are any good job opportunities as Italian lecturer / teacher (universities, private schools etc..). I'm Italian and have a BA degree in Foreign languages but my Dutch is only basic..

Does anybody have suggestions?

Thanks in advance

VV

Direct link Reply with quote

Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:09
English to Dutch
+ ...
Depends how basic... Nov 26, 2007

...your Dutch is.

Just googling 'Italiaans' & 'universiteit' gives a lot of (Dutch) links to universities and other institutions where Italian is taught, but you will have to be able to communicate with both colleagues and students.

Not to mention the fact that you will probably have to pass some sort of test to even be qualified as a teacher. I'd make inquiries about that first, if I were you.

Welcome anyway!

Margreet

virginia1  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 10:09
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Teaching Italian in the Netherlands Nov 26, 2007

Thanks Margreet,

I have just started a Dutch intermediate course at the university where I am attending a master. I was hoping to work with English though as my Dutch is far from fluent..
Thanks for the tips anyway, I'll keep surfing and make some inquiries..

Dank-je veel!

VV

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Teaching Italian in the Netherlands

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs