Export Transit TM to Meta Texis
Thread poster: Dominique Binder

Dominique Binder
Local time: 22:24
English to French
+ ...
Apr 23, 2008

Dear All,

I am not familiar at all with Transit and just received some .pfx files to be translated. One part was already done by some people, but I cannot manage to count it out using Transit.
What I wanted to do is export the TM (I have Transit 3.0 Satellite PE installed) as a .tmx file and import it into MetaTexis in order to work on a software I know well and make a precise quotation. Any help is welcome !

Thanks a lot

Direct link Reply with quote

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Dutch to German
+ ...
Transit - Metatexis Apr 24, 2008

A TMX export with Transit Satellite is not possible. All you could do is ask somebody with the full version to do this for you. However, this is not without problems. Two different people did this for me before and I always got a TM back that included untranslated segments, which was worthless for me.

The only thing you could do is extract the language pairs from the pxf (a pxf file is nothing else than a zip file, change the extension and you will be able to extract them), translate those using Metatexis, import them into Satellite afterwards to check whether everything went well (no issues with character sets etc.).

While translating, I would however keep Transit Satellite open to check for dictionary entries, fuzzy matches etc.

Hope that helps at least a bit.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export Transit TM to Meta Texis

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs