Thread poster: balticvip
balticvip
balticvip
Local time: 22:51
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Aug 16, 2008

Dear All,

We receive a "ucharmap.cpp163" error when we try and edit any untranslated target segment in a project we have received for German > Lithuanian.

We can successfully import the pxf file and open and view the language pairs, but as soon as we try to type or overwrite a segment it come up with this internal error occurred : Try to continue, etc. It only crashes when you click "no", if you click yes you can then see the update and are able to type another letter w
... See more
Dear All,

We receive a "ucharmap.cpp163" error when we try and edit any untranslated target segment in a project we have received for German > Lithuanian.

We can successfully import the pxf file and open and view the language pairs, but as soon as we try to type or overwrite a segment it come up with this internal error occurred : Try to continue, etc. It only crashes when you click "no", if you click yes you can then see the update and are able to type another letter which then shows another error code.

Environment as follows:

Transit Satellite PE build 267
XP SP3 fully updated
Office 2007 full updated

We have tried the following:

1) Removed Read-only on all folders and files in C:\Transit3.0 Satellite PE\projects
2) Ensured that the there are full control security settings on these folders
3) We have tried with other language combinations (de > Lv and de>en) and these work fine
Ideas please!! - this is an urgent project......Thanks a million,

It seems like this is a character setting error and (at a guess) it would look like a problem with the mapping of lithuanian unicode characters...... but that is a wild guess!

Could it be how the file is original packaged in Transit professional?

Please, answers on a post card....as quickly as pos!

Mark

[Edited at 2008-08-16 17:41]

[Edited at 2008-08-16 17:42]
Collapse

Jaime Hyland
Jaime Hyland  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm getting the same problem. Dec 7, 2011

You didn't get much response, did you?

Did you find a solution independently.

All help appreciated.

TIA

Jaime

selin soyak
selin soyak  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
German to Turkish
+ ...
Solution? Dec 7, 2011

Hello,

has anyone found out how to correct this error. I am having the same problem.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Selin

Jaime Hyland
Jaime Hyland  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Widespread problem Dec 8, 2011

My problem seems only to apply to my projects with Spanish as the source language. The German to English projects are unaffected.

It seems to be a very widespread problem. Finding a solution, however, is looking very difficult.

I've sent an e-mail to Star AG on this issue, but I'm not holding my breath.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

satellite PE build 267 : ucharmap.cpp163 error

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »