https://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/114938-connection_to_termstar_and_fuzzy_matches_lost.html

Connection to TermStar and fuzzy matches lost
Thread poster: mjragland
mjragland
mjragland
United States
Local time: 06:00
German to English
Sep 10, 2008

I am using Transit Satellite PE. Last night everything was working perfectly. Now, without explanation, the terms from TermStar that are normally marked red in the target window are no longer marked red, nor do they appear in the dictionary window at the bottom of the screen. Furthermore matches no longer appear even though I know I have translated the same text over and over again. Whereas 100% matches were automatic, Transit doesn't even bother any longer...no matches found?!

What
... See more
I am using Transit Satellite PE. Last night everything was working perfectly. Now, without explanation, the terms from TermStar that are normally marked red in the target window are no longer marked red, nor do they appear in the dictionary window at the bottom of the screen. Furthermore matches no longer appear even though I know I have translated the same text over and over again. Whereas 100% matches were automatic, Transit doesn't even bother any longer...no matches found?!

What might have happened and how can I rectify this problem? Thanks.
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:00
English to Hungarian
+ ...
A brute-force method Sep 11, 2008

This has happened to me, too.
If you have not added anything to the dictionary, the easiest out I found is this:
1.) Make a back-up copy of the folder of the project (most importantly: the target language file).
2.) Receive the project (pxf) again. Accept the proposed configuration, even if it means overwriting the files.
3.) Copy back the target-language file from the back-up folder. You will overwrite the one that has just been created by Transit.
The new config
... See more
This has happened to me, too.
If you have not added anything to the dictionary, the easiest out I found is this:
1.) Make a back-up copy of the folder of the project (most importantly: the target language file).
2.) Receive the project (pxf) again. Accept the proposed configuration, even if it means overwriting the files.
3.) Copy back the target-language file from the back-up folder. You will overwrite the one that has just been created by Transit.
The new configuration of the project ensures (in all likelihood) that Tremnstar and Fuzy work as they should. And by copying back your file you can continue from where you were.

The other possibility is to start with step 2) above, and to save the project into a new folder - not the one proposed by Transit. You will have to copy the old target-language file to this new folder then.

HTH
Attila
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Connection to TermStar and fuzzy matches lost

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »