Thread poster: GabriellaP (X)
GabriellaP (X)
GabriellaP (X)
Local time: 06:47
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Sep 11, 2008

Hello everybody,

I was provided an extra Termstar dictionary as txt file (formerly an Excel file with two columns), but I can't import it into the project. I´m working with Transit XV Smart. Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
I thoght it woud be easy Sep 12, 2008

Hi fathe,

With Transit Satellite and Workstation importing non native file formats is not possible, but I thought importing txt or xls dictionaries woud be easy with Transit Smart.

I figured you should be able to do it by opening a dictionary, and selectioning Options >Database Administrator > Advanced > Import/Export (NB I am transating in English my Italian menu options).

Actually I was thinking of buying it because I thought it could import those and i
... See more
Hi fathe,

With Transit Satellite and Workstation importing non native file formats is not possible, but I thought importing txt or xls dictionaries woud be easy with Transit Smart.

I figured you should be able to do it by opening a dictionary, and selectioning Options >Database Administrator > Advanced > Import/Export (NB I am transating in English my Italian menu options).

Actually I was thinking of buying it because I thought it could import those and import/export all sorts of formats into projects.

Reading that you needed somebodyelse to convert an xls in txt (and you cannot even import that!) is not very reassuring. Please let us know how di you manage with this.

Best of luck,
Luca

[Edited at 2008-09-12 18:13]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing a dictionary as TXT file - Urgent

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »