Thread poster: Vito Smolej

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 19:04
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Oct 8, 2008

I had to dust off my PE and what happens on Vista, is that it hangs up on the start with a criptic behaviour that involves Activebar: if I kill the task in appears shortly, burps something about ActiveBar and is gone,

Must be something simple ... The instructions by STAR on how to handle the installation on Vista show in the direction I would not like to go ...

TiA

Vito

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works ... Oct 9, 2008

I went back and started TranstPE.exe - installed years ago under XP - and it ran without a hitch.

Just dont know what happened on the first try ...

regards

pltsanve
Slovenia
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Wonderful news ... Oct 9, 2008

indeed. It looked as if nobody experienced any similar problem or just had no clue. (BTW, I was relieved to see that Transit PE installed on Vista like they were made for each other (another score for Transit) – and this was after a thorough search to find any issues I should expect, just to find no issues at all.)

Have a nice evening
Vesna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Transit PE on Vista

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums