mari pet
mari pet  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:35
Spanish to Slovak
+ ...
Oct 16, 2008

Hello everybody!

My client offered me one translation project but he requires to do it in Transit. As I am new in using this CAT Tool, and the translation is quite urgent, I have some doubts concerning thw work in Transit and don´t know how to solve it.
1. I have received two files. One PXF and other: import_wordcount_SK.rep.I don´t know what to do with the second one. I haven´t found it in manuals I have received with Transit.
2. In the Dictionary window doesn´t app
... See more
Hello everybody!

My client offered me one translation project but he requires to do it in Transit. As I am new in using this CAT Tool, and the translation is quite urgent, I have some doubts concerning thw work in Transit and don´t know how to solve it.
1. I have received two files. One PXF and other: import_wordcount_SK.rep.I don´t know what to do with the second one. I haven´t found it in manuals I have received with Transit.
2. In the Dictionary window doesn´t appear anything, so I think I have done something wrong.
3. Somethimes appear Fuzzy Index, but it shows only Source old and Source new, but not the Target old, and the Target new is empty. I don´t know if I shoud write the translation there or in the Target window.
4. When I do translation of one segment and finally press Alt+Ins, I think it shoud go to the next segment, but somethimes it goes throw and stops on the segment which is half page further. However, in the segment before there is no translation between segment markers. So I don´t understand whats wrong.

Thanks to anybody who can help me with some of these questions.
marianna
Collapse

DIShirai
DIShirai
Japan
Local time: 09:35
Japanese to English
transit Oct 17, 2008

Hi,

I am not a Transit expert, but for your 2nd point. In transit, you would have to click on a word in the source (or target) window that is found in the dictionary for it to show up in the dictionary pane. On my software these words are coloured red in the source.

To see if there are any words packaged with the translation project, you can check the Termstar dictionary. You should be able to find it in the Window menu, or one of the icons on the toolbar.

... See more
Hi,

I am not a Transit expert, but for your 2nd point. In transit, you would have to click on a word in the source (or target) window that is found in the dictionary for it to show up in the dictionary pane. On my software these words are coloured red in the source.

To see if there are any words packaged with the translation project, you can check the Termstar dictionary. You should be able to find it in the Window menu, or one of the icons on the toolbar.

I think the rep file is a saved which can be created via the Project... - Status... menu in the toolbar. You can find some information on it through the help menu and searching for status report. You can use it to check your progress.

Does that help?

[Edited at 2008-10-17 01:28]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:35
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Did you look at the tutorial Oct 17, 2008

I suppose you use Transit Satellite. There is a good tutorial.
If the software does not let you translate something there is nothing you can do. So better relax and continue. The dictionary is empty, so you're on your own, no problem.
Regards
Heinrich

mari pet
mari pet  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:35
Spanish to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanx Oct 17, 2008

DIShirai and Heinrich, you both are quite right, but the biggest problem was that my client forgot to send me the dicionary TLD file and the User profile , so it was why I couldn´t do anything with the file to be translated and why the Transit allowed me to open only every 20th segment to translate
But finally I got these two files and did the translation, I
... See more
DIShirai and Heinrich, you both are quite right, but the biggest problem was that my client forgot to send me the dicionary TLD file and the User profile , so it was why I couldn´t do anything with the file to be translated and why the Transit allowed me to open only every 20th segment to translate
But finally I got these two files and did the translation, I hope will be ok.

Many thanx once again for trying to help me.
Have a nice evening and the weekend
marianna
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting with Transit

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »