Problem with tag fixing in Transit
Thread poster: Janko Mesić

Janko Mesić  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:23
Member (2011)
Spanish to Croatian
+ ...
Oct 28, 2008

I need to fix tags in a Transit document, but when I start the tag check function, all I get are messages like "Incomplete tag . Ignore: Yes - No". So I click on "No", but nothing happens, and there's no option to fix it.

Anyone with an idea? Any help is appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:23
German to English
+ ...
Tag repair is not automatic Oct 28, 2008

Hi Janko,

When you click "no" the program exits the checking mode and you have to repair the tags yourself. The best way to do this is to switch off tag protection (and turn on full tags at the same time) under View > Display/Hide attributes. Click on "display full tags" and "deactivate tag protection". You have to do this for both language windows to see where the problem lies. Don't forget to switch to the editing mode in the source window (View > read only (off) or ALT+V+E) if you need to copy or change anything (turn it back on again afterwards!). Copy any missing tags from the source window to the target or delete any extra ones. I usually have problems with additional tags from fuzzy matches. If the same tag is missing/additional in several segments, it may be worth using search and replace (check "tags only" in the "search in" section - under "more")

Good luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with tag fixing in Transit

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs