Thread poster: Psytrans
Psytrans
Psytrans
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:04
German to English
+ ...
Apr 29, 2004

I sent a txf file to my project manager today, but she says that there are lots of files that haven't been translated although absolutely everything has been translated and I've checked the project status and statistics. I've send the project another two times but these files are still not translated according to the project manager. Does anyone have any ideas? I've sent her all the files separately now, but I'd like to avoid this in future. TIA, Fiona

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 03:04
German
+ ...
Sounds like... Apr 29, 2004

...the files were (inadvertently?) marked as already translated. With Transit, it is possible to assign various "editing states" (probably not the correct term, it's been a while) to individual segments or entire files, either "untranslated" or "fuzzy match" or "translated" or "checked" or "verified"...
If that is the case here, the error very likely lies with your project manager, as she is responsible for the proper preparation of the files.

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:04
German to English
+ ...
Which segments? Apr 29, 2004

You could ask your project manager to give examples of the troublesome segments in order to identify where the actual problem lies. I agree with tectrans, it sounds like the project manager is at fault.

Happy hunting!

Psytrans
Psytrans
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:04
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 29, 2004

Thanks very much for your help, TecTrans and Gillian. I'll suggest this to the project manager. Would certainly make me feel much better if this is the case!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit - segments not translated in txf file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »