https://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/23249-concordance_in_transit_satellite.html

Concordance in Transit Satellite?
Thread poster: Lennart Helgesson
Lennart Helgesson
Lennart Helgesson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:39
Danish to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2004

Hello

Who knows about a concordance function in Transit Satellite?
Regards

Lennart Helgesson

Myron Netchypor
Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:39
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

About Transit Satellite Jul 25, 2004

Lennart Helgesson wrote:

Hello

Regards

Lennart Helgesson

I suppose you mean the concordance of terminology? If the case, then Transit Satellite does not have such a function. It is satellite program of Transit Star, and does not have a built in dictionary. I suppose you can use only dictionaries sent you with the project by your Project Manager. i.e. this function is available only in Transit Star.

pep
pep
Local time: 14:39
English to Spanish
Concordance in Transit Jul 27, 2004

Lennart Helgesson wrote:

Hello

Regards

Lennart Helgesson

Hello Lennart,

We have a tool named ApSIC Xbench that provides concordance for Transit. We are in the process of recruiting beta testers for the Professional version, and the next beta release including this functionality for all languages is scheduled for August 30, 2004 (the current alpha version just supports a few language pairs). If you are interested in trying it after the release date of the beta, I suggest that you enroll for the beta at the following link (http://www.apsic.com/en/products_xbench_pro.html). You can sort of picture how it will work/look like by looking at the freely available version for Microsoft gossaries in http://www.apsic.com/en/downloads.html). Whatever you do for a Microsoft glossary you will do for the directory where you have the Transit pair files.

I hope this helps,

Pep.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance in Transit Satellite?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »