Very basic problems with Transit Satellite PE
Thread poster: remyrosf
remyrosf
remyrosf
Local time: 22:49
English to French
Aug 28, 2004

Hello,

I am a newcomer with Transit Satellite PE and encounter two problems now that I have to edit the job and to send it to my client.

1) Spellcheck.

I have followed the following instructions :

Open the first language pair (File > Open > Language Pair…) and select the first file — do not open the one named Translation Extract.

Edit > Processing Step… and select Spell Check.

With the cursor in the target
... See more
Hello,

I am a newcomer with Transit Satellite PE and encounter two problems now that I have to edit the job and to send it to my client.

1) Spellcheck.

Open the first language pair (File > Open > Language Pair…) and select the first file — do not open the one named Translation Extract.

With the cursor in the target window, go to Options > Spelling

But, even though my two windows are English and French and everything seems to be fine, I have the following message when I select Spell Check : "the spellchecker for French is not installed".

2) When I check the formatting codes, there seem to be two types of tags missing :

Tag not found
Tag not found

But I can't find any tags or in the source segment (only normal "20" and "20*"tags after each segment...).

The ExpressCharge™ system allows you to recharge your battery in about an hour, so you can make the most of even short charging opportunities.

How can I solve the problem ?

Hoping that someone over here is able to save my life, many thanks to all !

Rémy
Collapse

PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
the spellchecker is an option Aug 28, 2004

remyrosf wrote:

But, even though my two windows are English and French and everything seems to be fine, I have the following message when I select Spell Check : "the spellchecker for French is not installed".

Probably Transit PE doesn't include any spellchecker (maybe except for German ..), it is an option. Two years ago I had to buy the Italian spellchecker for Transit PE, probably now it's still an option.

But I can't find any tags or in the source segment (only normal "20" and "20*"tags after each segment...).
Rémy

Are you displaying full tags?
Menu: View - Display full tags

Anyway, generally it's better not to change any tag, even if you receive error messages. Let's do that to an advanced user of Transit (maybe your client), otherwise you risk creating further tag errors.

Ciao

[Edited at 2004-09-01 08:08]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
you can download the CBT as well Aug 28, 2004

remyrosf wrote:

Hello,

1) Spellcheck.

With the cursor in the target window, go to Options > Spelling

2) When I check the formatting codes, there seem to be two types of tags missing :

Tag not found
Tag not found

The ExpressCharge™ system allows you to recharge your battery in about an hour, so you can make the most of even short charging opportunities.

How can I solve the problem ?

Hoping that someone over here is able to save my life, many thanks to all !

Rémy

remyrosf
remyrosf
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you... Aug 28, 2004

Thank you for your tips and support...

I finally managed to correct the tags. I had to deselect ""Display characters" and "Display Tables" to display all tags.

You were right, no spellcheck if you don't pay.
To conclude : IMHO TSPE is not very user-friendly compared to tools like Trados and Wordfast which are easier to use. And don't seem to create that much tags. Maybe useful for PMs, though.

Regards,

Remy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Very basic problems with Transit Satellite PE

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »