Mobile menu

Transit - PXF terminology file
Thread poster: TRADL

Local time: 05:38
English to French
+ ...
Apr 27, 2005

Dear all,

I've been aasked by a client to do a translation in Trados and use at the same time a terminology list which is a pxf file. I was told to download Transit Satellite PE to open the file. I did that and tried "receive project" and then I get the following error message: The database TermStar Received does not exist! Please create it first and then repeat this procedure"
I've now found the Received database but don't know what to do next. PLEASE HELP QUICK!

Direct link Reply with quote

ectranslator  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:38
English to Chinese
+ ...
I think the TERMBASE does not exist. Apr 28, 2005

I often use trados and Transit.
If this happened, the TERMBASE should be void , you may contact the agency to requeset them make a PXF with a dictionary in it.

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Reinstall Satellite Apr 28, 2005

Termstar Received is one of the two standard databases and is installed when you install Satellite. Did you move it or delete it by accident? Search for the *.mdb databases in your Satellite folder and see whether it is hidden somewhere else.

If it has disappeared, uninstall Satelite and reinstall it again.

Good luck!

Oops, just reread you post.
OK Termstar received is there. It should be in the same folder as Termstar.mdb. I don't use Satellite any more as I have the Professional version. I think the database linking procedure is the same:

Options > Database administrator > Wizard > Link new database

The rest is self-explanatory.

Good luck again!

[Edited at 2005-04-28 06:33]

Bruno Piatti  Identity Verified
English to Italian
Try to look inside the project file Apr 28, 2005

The PXF file is a simple ZIP file. You can rename it as *.zip and open it with Winzip. Try to search a TXE file (not empty). This one should be the Glossary.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit - PXF terminology file

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs