Mobile menu

Transit: data conversion error when receiving new project
Thread poster: Attila Piróth

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:55
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 19, 2006

My Transit 3 (Smart version) is unable to open the dictionary incorporated in a pxf file: when I choose receive project, it starts opening the received dictionary and then a data conversion error message appears. The dictionary is usable to some extent: in the language pairs the words that are in the dictionary appear in red, and I can insert the translation with Alt+T - however, I cannot look things up in the dictionary, and I cannot add new terms.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the program, to no avail.
The pxf file is all right, the client confirmed that no such thing happened on her side (even when opening it with Transit Satellite).
Does anyone have an idea what configuration I should change?

Before uninsatlling, I moved everything into a back-up folder; when I copied back the previous projects to the working folder (Transit/Projects), they could not be added as reference projects to the current project, only as reference folders. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote
English to Russian
Error receiving project Mar 4, 2006

When I try to open any Transit project (*.pxf) "Error receiving project" appears.. Hm.. Any ideas?..

Maybe the matter is that during the installation there was an error when copying the file "mdac...", but later I reinstalled Transit and no errors appeared.. I'm confused..

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 03:55
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
pxf files are just renamed zip files Mar 4, 2006

Try to rename the extension to ".zip" and see what happens - if the file is not a valid zip one, it is corrupted; if it is OK, you can see what is "inside"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit: data conversion error when receiving new project

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs