Cannot start Transit PE Satellite 3.0
Thread poster: Matej Gonda
Matej Gonda
Matej Gonda
Local time: 02:55
English to Slovak
Feb 11, 2006

Dear colleagues,

I have some problems starting Transit PE Satellite 3.0 (build 267) which are certainly based in my Windows XP settings (or something is missing or not active).

After the installation I create a user accont and then I get an error-message window "Error Loading ActiveBar", then the application starts but I get another error "OLE Exception Caught - automation exception TXAuto::Error Code=2".

I've got to translate a large text by Saturday but
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have some problems starting Transit PE Satellite 3.0 (build 267) which are certainly based in my Windows XP settings (or something is missing or not active).

After the installation I create a user accont and then I get an error-message window "Error Loading ActiveBar", then the application starts but I get another error "OLE Exception Caught - automation exception TXAuto::Error Code=2".

I've got to translate a large text by Saturday but I cannot even open it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Collapse

Sinsun xing
Sinsun xing
Local time: 08:55
English to Chinese
+ ...
Strange, could you consider the following things? Feb 12, 2006

Could you use this software before? Did you ever install this software in your PC before? If you could use this before, then please try to remember what changes you have done to your PC?

And which dialog language did you choose when you first start it? Did you type your username using special characters?

Also please try to install another path to take a try?

Good luck

Sinsun

Matej Gonda
Matej Gonda
Local time: 02:55
English to Slovak
TOPIC STARTER
reply Feb 12, 2006

Sinsun_xing wrote:

Could you use this software before? Did you ever install this software in your PC before? If you could use this before, then please try to remember what changes you have done to your PC?

And which dialog language did you choose when you first start it? Did you type your username using special characters?

Also please try to install another path to take a try?

Good luck

Sinsun

Thank you for your reply.

It's my first installation of this software. I've installed it on my old computer with Windows 95 and Pentium 120 MHz processor where it works but you can imagine the speed - that's why I'd like to use it with my new computer.
During the installation on the older computer also DCOM files have been installed which haven't on the new one - they are either already integrated into Windows XP or there can be the mistake.
After the installation I've entered my name (username has already been filled after the user of the computer) and after the confirmation the abovementioned error dialog windows popped up. It certainly has something to do with those OLE/DCOM files.

Sinsun xing
Sinsun xing
Local time: 08:55
English to Chinese
+ ...
OS problem? Feb 13, 2006

Which installer do you use? Did you download the installer from the Star website? If not, please try to do so.

And if it still don't work, I guess the reinstall the OS might be one easy method.

Good luck

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot start Transit PE Satellite 3.0

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »