Advice for Teamwork in Transit XV
Thread poster: hatipovic
hatipovic
Local time: 20:30
German to Bosnian
+ ...
Apr 25, 2006

Hello,
we have a small office with a network with 2 computers. We recieve projects but our teamwork is not optimal. What is the best way to work in Transit in a team? Is there a way to to work on 1 project simulatanously? How can we achive this? How can a project be shared? How can we include referece materials from previous projects, so that 2 translators can use the same pretranslated content?

Need a quick reply so I can setup a project asap.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mirza

Direct link Reply with quote

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:30
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sharing the files Apr 25, 2006

Hello,
we have a small office with a network with 2 computers. We recieve projects but our teamwork is not optimal. What is the best way to work in Transit in a team? Is there a way to to work on 1 project simulatanously? How can we achive this? How can a project be shared? How can we include referece materials from previous projects, so that 2 translators can use the same pretranslated content?

Need a quick reply so I can setup a project asap.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mirza

I suppose there are several files in the project.
In that case, you can do the following:
Open the project file (pxf) on both computers. One translator can work on one file and the other translator on the other file. When one has finished, the other translator copies the ready file into his/her working folder - and from then on, it can be used as a reference, too.
If the files are very large, they can be saved while in progress.

As for reference materials, see my reply to your other topic.

HTH,
Attila

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice for Teamwork in Transit XV

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs