Converting Transit file to RTF (for SDLX) and back to Transit
Thread poster: Ljiljana Malovic

Ljiljana Malovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:43
English to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
May 22, 2006

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded a Transit 3.0 PE version from the site but I find it extremely confusing to work with.

The Tutorial and User's Manual (Adobe files) are also too confusing for me so I wonder now (after looking for some simpler explanation at would it be possible to convert a document I received into a .RTF file and than translate it in SDLX or Trados and when done, convert it back to Transit and send it back to client.

I'm used to work with SDLX and Trados and Transit seems to me too messy, so I wonder - would it be possible to just make an RTF file and to continue working on the document in SDLX and, when finished, convert it back to Transit?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:43
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Contact Tadej Kokalj May 22, 2006

He can help you as he already helped me - or contact me via my profile, and I send you the macro I got from him.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting Transit file to RTF (for SDLX) and back to Transit

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs