Mobile menu

"Wrong order of Tags" in Transit - how to edit?
Thread poster: hatipovic
Local time: 00:20
German to Bosnian
+ ...
Aug 3, 2006

I use Transit XV. When I start the FMT check, on some places, Transit shows me the following dialog box:

Wrong order of Tags " and "field name = "kursiv" ignore?

In the language pair, it looks like this:

in the original text: field name = "$chapnum" / field name = "kursiv" / field name = "$paratext" / field name = "Default Font" /

In the translation: field name = "kursiv" / field name = "$paratext" / field name = "Default Font" / field name = "$chapnum" /

The problem is that I can see the error, but I cannot move the tags, they seem to be unmovable! What should I do to get tags in the right order?

Thanks in advance!

Mirza Hatipovic

Direct link Reply with quote
Elias Ek
Local time: 06:20
English to Chinese
+ ...
View/Display, Hide Attributes/Deactivate tag protection Aug 9, 2006

You have to deactivate the tag protection to be able to move, change, delete the tags. However most of the time, export is possible even if some tags are wrong. You will have to change the layout of the translated file then.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Not necessary Aug 9, 2006

You do not need to switch anything in Transit Satellite, so I assume it should be similar in Transit XV.

To move TAG you have to select it (manually, it does not work with mouse) and then press ALT and drag the TAG with the left mouse button to the desired position.
It works so in Satellite.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
This is copied from Transit help Aug 9, 2006

How do I move or duplicate tags?

1 Press the ALT key and keep it pressed while clicking on the tag you want to move or duplicate.

If you want to duplicate (and not move) the tag, press the ALT key and the CTRL key when clicking on the tag.

The cursor changes its appearance (Fig. 6-23 and 6-24).

Fig. 6-23: Moving a tag

Fig. 6-24: Duplicating a tag

2 Drag the cursor to the position at which you want to insert the tag.

3 Move the mouse to drag the tag to the desired position and release the mouse button, the ALT and, if pressed, the CTRL key there.

Transit places the tag at the new position.

© 2005 STAR AG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Wrong order of Tags" in Transit - how to edit?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs