How to paste 2 different transit files to create only one??
Thread poster: Eloïse Notet-Gilet
Eloïse Notet-Gilet
Eloïse Notet-Gilet
France
Local time: 07:15
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
Jan 30, 2007

Hello Everybody,

A colleague of mine have translated a text with transit (satellite version) (.pxf). Because of a lack of time, he let the last part of the text translated by another colleague. (so, 2 different transit).

The problem is now that they are enable to add theses both versions, in order to give the client only one file back.

Has someone an idea, how to "paste and copy" one of both versions in the second one? or something lese??

My co
... See more
Hello Everybody,

A colleague of mine have translated a text with transit (satellite version) (.pxf). Because of a lack of time, he let the last part of the text translated by another colleague. (so, 2 different transit).

The problem is now that they are enable to add theses both versions, in order to give the client only one file back.

Has someone an idea, how to "paste and copy" one of both versions in the second one? or something lese??

My colleague is adding each segment from the second in the first version, and it takes a lot of time.

I hope you know a solution to help him!

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

László Kovács
László Kovács  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Use the other person's translation as reference Jan 30, 2007

You can use the other translator's file as reference. Simply copy it to the REF folder within the project (it should be \Projects\)

Good luck!

Laszlo

Eloïse Notet-Gilet
Eloïse Notet-Gilet
France
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 30, 2007

I do not exactly know if it will help them since they have a satellite version. What do you mean?

In order to obtain the segments pretranslated ?

Thanks for your response

László Kovács
László Kovács  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
You can use reference materials in Transit Satellite, as well Jan 31, 2007

Sorry, probably I was not clear enough

Files of the project are located in a subfolder of your Transit installation:
Something like: C:\Program Files\Transit Satellite\Projects\name_of_the_project or C:\Transit Satellite\Projects\name_of_the_project

Transit stores translations in a set of files, the extension of them is the language code.
For example, if you translate from English to German,
... See more
Sorry, probably I was not clear enough

Files of the project are located in a subfolder of your Transit installation:
Something like: C:\Program Files\Transit Satellite\Projects\name_of_the_project or C:\Transit Satellite\Projects\name_of_the_project

Transit stores translations in a set of files, the extension of them is the language code.
For example, if you translate from English to German, the original text is a file called filename.ENU (or ENG), and german translations are in filename.GER (or DEU).

You can use this "file pair" as a reference (as a TM) in your project.

Typically, when you receive a Transit project in Transit Satellite (and you get some reference materials - a kind of TM), a REF folder is created within the folder of Transit project.

Your colleague can use the other translator's files as reference by simply moving the above mentioned file pair to REF folder, and then "re-translate" the end of document. It won't be very hard, because Transit will find everything in REF folder, so it should go by simply pressing Alt+Insert.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to paste 2 different transit files to create only one??

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »