Mobile menu

Transit Satellite PE: How to mark a whole file (not only one segment) as translated
Thread poster: xxxDE-EN-FR
xxxDE-EN-FR
Local time: 21:56
English to German
+ ...
Mar 30, 2007

Hello,

Does Transit Satellite PE feature an option with which I can mark a whole file (not just one segment) as translated? Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Luis M. Cuerdo Galarraga  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Select the whole text Mar 30, 2007

The simplest way should be to select all segments, with shift and mouse and then change segment status as if it where 1.

I thik you can also change the proyect status from translatin to proofreading 1

xxxDE-EN-FR
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does not work Mar 30, 2007

Hola Luis,

Muchas gracias for taking the time to look into this. I just tried to select the whole text/all segments and then clicked Edit > Segment Status > Translated. However, this did not mark all segments as translated. Also, changing the project status would not help in my case. Do you think there is another way to mark the whole file/all segments as translated in one go? I remember that such an option exists for the full version of Transit.

Hyung Chul Lee
South Korea
Local time: 04:26
Member (2007)
English to Korean
+ ...
I encountered the same... Mar 30, 2007

It would be very helpful if someone gives a more detailed explanation.
Have a nice day.

Hyung Chul Lee
South Korea
Local time: 04:26
Member (2007)
English to Korean
+ ...
Same issue for me Mar 30, 2007

I need the same answer.

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
How to mark all the segments Mar 30, 2007

To mark all the segments in one go:

shift + control + end

Edit:
sorry about the short answer, I just got called away.

To mark all the segments in the file:
1.) Go to the first segment
2) Press shift then control then "end"
3) Edit > segment status > translated

BTW, when all the segments are marked you can copy them (Ctrl C) and paste them into Word. This will allow you to spell-check everything with Word's checker (Satellite doesn't have a built-in checker). Of course, you will have to do any alterations in the Satellite file. It is rather cumbersome, but it works.

HTH, Jill

[Edited at 2007-03-30 18:17]

xxxDE-EN-FR
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but this does not mark them as "translated" Mar 30, 2007

Gillian Scheibelein wrote:

shift + control + end

Thanks, Gillian, but I am looking for a way to mark all segments in one go as "translated." In other words, I want to change the status of all segments to "translated" in one go.

Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
additional info Mar 30, 2007

hi Ingo,
I've completed my original answer, see above
cheers,
Jill

xxxDE-EN-FR
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This still does not change the status of all segments to "translated" :) Mar 30, 2007

shift + control + end

Edit:
sorry about the short answer, I just got called away.

To mark all the segments in the file:
1.) Go to the first segment
2) Press shift then control then "end"
3) Edit > segment status > translated

BTW, when all the segments are marked you can copy them (Ctrl C) and paste them into Word. This will allow you to spell-check everything with Word's checker (Satellite doesn't have a built-in checker). Of course, you will have to do any alterations in the Satellite file. It is rather cumbersome, but it works.

HTH, Jill

[Edited at 2007-03-30 18:17]

Thanks again, Gillian, I am familiar with carrying out the spellcheck in Word. Sorry to pester you, but when I proceed as you suggested, the segments are not marked as "translated." (You can easily verify this by doing the following: Place the cursor in a random segment. Then press ALT + INSERT. If after that the cursor does not automatically move to the very last segment/the end of your document, you know that not all segments of this file have been marked as translated.)

Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
? Mar 30, 2007

DE-EN-FR wrote:

Thanks again, Gillian, I am familiar with carrying out the spellcheck in Word. Sorry to pester you, but when I proceed as you suggested, the segments are not marked as "translated." (You can easily verify this by doing the following: Place the cursor in a random segment. Then press ALT + INSERT. If after that the cursor does not automatically move to the very last segment/the end of your document, you know that not all segments of this file have been marked as translated.)

I find this rather strange. This method should have done the trick. OK, a few questions might help:

1.) What level are you using for the processing step (Edit > Processing step)? If you are using the level above "translate" (I use the Professional version, I can't remember what Satellite uses), it won't jump to the end, but to the next segment to be worked on (i.e. the next segment with status "not translated" or "translated"
2). What does the segment status line (very bottom of window, in the middle) say when the cursor is in a problem segment? Not translated/translated/checked?

Cheers,
Jill

xxxDE-EN-FR
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Mar 31, 2007

DE-EN-FR wrote:

I find this rather strange. This method should have done the trick. OK, a few questions might help:

1.) What level are you using for the processing step (Edit > Processing step)? If you are using the level above "translate" (I use the Professional version, I can't remember what Satellite uses), it won't jump to the end, but to the next segment to be worked on (i.e. the next segment with status "not translated" or "translated"
2). What does the segment status line (very bottom of window, in the middle) say when the cursor is in a problem segment? Not translated/translated/checked?

Cheers,
Jill

Hi again, Gillian. Thanks for not giving up
1) For the processing step, the Satellite version only features two options: "Translate" and "Spell Check." There is no level above "Translate."
2) If I mark all segments in the fashion you described and choose "Translated" as the status, and then move the cursor to a random segment and check the segment status, it still says "Untranslated."

So, maybe with the Satellite version it is impossible to change the status of all segments to "Translated" in one go?

Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
marking as translated Mar 31, 2007

Hi Ingo,
I installed Satellite on my old laptop to take a look at the problem. I had forgotten just how limited the Satellite version is (no definable project dictionaries, can't change the view, no concordance, can't add reference materials, no filters, no macros, no resegmentation, etc. etc.), its really dreadful!! I'm so glad I use the full version.

It looks as if it is not possible to mark everything as translated in one go - another disadvantage. It looks as if you'll have to do an Alt + Enter through the text. What a bind.

Cheers,
Jill

xxxDE-EN-FR
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 13, 2007

Hi Ingo,
I installed Satellite on my old laptop to take a look at the problem. I had forgotten just how limited the Satellite version is (no definable project dictionaries, can't change the view, no concordance, can't add reference materials, no filters, no macros, no resegmentation, etc. etc.), its really dreadful!! I'm so glad I use the full version.

It looks as if it is not possible to mark everything as translated in one go - another disadvantage. It looks as if you'll have to do an Alt + Enter through the text. What a bind.

Cheers,
Jill

Hi Gillian,

Just wanted to say thank you for all your effort.

Have a great weekend.

Ingo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit Satellite PE: How to mark a whole file (not only one segment) as translated

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs