Yassen Tounev
Yassen Tounev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 01:23
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Apr 5, 2007

Dear colleagues,
How can I spell-check Bulgarian text in Transit Satellite? Unfortunately Star AG have not developed an original spell-checker for Bulgarian yet. Please do not recommend me the option to paste the text into Word. It's nothing more, than time-wasting. I heard from somewhere, that Open Office MySpell dictionaries are compliant with Transit Satellite. But do you know how to install it? Or do you know any plugins, which allow using Office spellcheckers in Transit Satellite?
... See more
Dear colleagues,
How can I spell-check Bulgarian text in Transit Satellite? Unfortunately Star AG have not developed an original spell-checker for Bulgarian yet. Please do not recommend me the option to paste the text into Word. It's nothing more, than time-wasting. I heard from somewhere, that Open Office MySpell dictionaries are compliant with Transit Satellite. But do you know how to install it? Or do you know any plugins, which allow using Office spellcheckers in Transit Satellite?
Best regards
Yassen
Collapse

John Jory
John Jory  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:23
English to German
+ ...
Use MS Word Apr 6, 2007

I never use the Transit spell checker.
Instead, I copy & paste the final text into Word and check it there.
The main reason for this approach is that my "supplement.dic" contains countless technical terms, which prevents Word from hiccoughing several times in every sentence.

I cannot imagine that the Transit spell checker is better than MS Word.

HTH John

[Edited at 2007-04-06 07:50]

Tiberiu Leon
Tiberiu Leon
English to Romanian
+ ...
Do not use MS Word!!! Dec 28, 2007

It is easy to follow the instructions from the installation guide on their website.
http://www.star-group.net/star-www/technical-documentation/transit/star-group/eng/transit_transitxv_1.html
Transit/TermStar XV installation - pdf
Chapter 8!
Now you have your answer...
Have a great day, away from M$ Off
... See more
It is easy to follow the instructions from the installation guide on their website.
http://www.star-group.net/star-www/technical-documentation/transit/star-group/eng/transit_transitxv_1.html
Transit/TermStar XV installation - pdf
Chapter 8!
Now you have your answer...
Have a great day, away from M$ Office...
Use free software like Open Office, OmegaT or OmegaT+...
Collapse

Yassen Tounev
Yassen Tounev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Use OpenOffice Spellcheckers in Transit XV Dec 29, 2007

Hi, Leon,
Yes, I already know. I wrote Star AG and they explained me how to install OpenOffice spellcheckers in Transit XV, SP19. Great solution. Good for them ! Practically any language, supported by OpenOffice.
Regards
Yassen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bulgarian Spell Checker for Transit Sattellite PE

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »