Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:43
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Could you please explain a little more? Apr 19, 2007

Would be glad to help, but we are no mindreaders.
Cheers
Heinrich

Beatrice  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:43
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry for being cryptic (this is the first time I use Proz forum!!!) Apr 19, 2007

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Would be glad to help, but we are no mindreaders.
Cheers
Heinrich

By the way, I'm working at a Transit project and for moving from an already translated segment to the next one I'm using (as usual) the key combination ALT + INS but sometimes it occurs that when the system finds a 100% segment it goes over and swallows the segment, that iis it disappears in the target file. I can only see the two tags and between them no text. What is wrong?

Valentina_D  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
this might mean Apr 19, 2007

..that someone before you translated that particular segment with a blank segment (maybe because he/she decided to put the translation before that segment or after it, for formatting reasons, for example).
It happens to me sometimes with certain manuals.
I don't think there is something in particular that you can do in this case, expect for noticing where this happens and carefully going through the translated text during/at the end of your project to check that everything is in its place.

Hope this helps.

Valentina

[Edited at 2007-04-19 08:10]

[Edited at 2007-04-19 10:05]

Beatrice  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
may be Apr 19, 2007

but sometimes it occurs with segments that I translated during this project and not translated by other traslators. The client just wrote me that there could be something wrong with this extract. This means that I should enter manually all missing segments. grrrrrrrrr:-(((

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
check your minimum status for fuzzies Apr 19, 2007

Hi Beatrice,
It might be worthwhile creating a second project (i.e. new name) and then carrying out a quick check of the segments that are causing problems to see what is actually happening - is it your software or did the project manager not prepare the project properly?

Did you use Alt + enter to copy the fuzzy match into the target segment and then confirm with Alt + Insert (to set the segment status to "translated"?

Check your minimum match for fuzzies under
Options > Profile > Settings > Fuzzy index > minimum segment status for fuzzy match
and uncheck or set to translated, if necessary.

There are other tricks for the Smart/Professional version, but Satellite doesn't have concordance search or viewing filters so they won't work here.

HTH and good luck
Jill

[Edited at 2007-04-19 08:59]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit swallows 100% segments in the target language

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs