Mobile menu

How to import FFD files into transit satellite?
Thread poster: Maria San Martin

Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:43
German to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2007

Hello to all Transit users,

A client happened to send me a FFD file instead of a PXF file and tells me that there is no problem at importing it into Transit Satellite.

Do you know how to turn a FFD file into a PXF file or either to import it in some way into Transit Satellite?

Thanks a lott!

Direct link Reply with quote

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
FFD? Apr 22, 2007

Hi Maria,
an FFD file = file format definition file. This type of file contains all the settings required for importing a certain type of document (e.g. Word, Trados-presegmented Word doc, Excel, Powerpoint, etc, etc) into Transit. It has nothing to do with a translation file at all. Not only that, if you are using Satellite this type of file is totally useless as you need the full version of Transit to be able to use it! The PM must send you a PXF.

[Edited at 2007-04-22 13:18]

Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Apr 22, 2007

Hi Jill,

that´s what I thought, I was going crazy with the file!

I have written the PM asking for the PXF,

thanks for your help!

Aleksandr Surkov
Local time: 22:43
English to Russian
Project > Recieve... Apr 23, 2007

...and select your PXF file (it's a project file for translation).
When translations is done: Project > Send.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import FFD files into transit satellite?

Advanced search

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs