{Warning: Unknown 'new FIB' value (268). Document treated as Word 2000 document}
Thread poster: Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
Local time: 11:41
German to French
+ ...
May 7, 2007

I'm working with Transit XV and Word 2000 and I keep getting this warning when I import doc-files in Transit. I get the same warning on my main computer and on my laptop, it's driving me nuts, I just can't use Transit for my projects at the moment (i.e. I can edit the files in Transit, but I can't export the files anymore when I get this warning).
I especially don't understand why the message error says "Document treated as Word 2000 document" since that's the Word version I use?!
... See more
I'm working with Transit XV and Word 2000 and I keep getting this warning when I import doc-files in Transit. I get the same warning on my main computer and on my laptop, it's driving me nuts, I just can't use Transit for my projects at the moment (i.e. I can edit the files in Transit, but I can't export the files anymore when I get this warning).
I especially don't understand why the message error says "Document treated as Word 2000 document" since that's the Word version I use?!

Did anybody experience that problem before? I'd be very thankful for any suggestion!

[Modifié le 2007-05-07 13:34]
Collapse

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Had the same problem, see below May 7, 2007

Hi Francoise,
I had the same problem in 2004 and posted in the Yahoo User Group (see below), but I didn't get any replies.

Hi everyone,
I'm having problems importing texts from Word 2003 and Powerpoint

From Word 2003, Transit aborts with a red traffic light and the message: [Filtering] Internal Warning(36534) {Warning: Unknown 'new FIB' value (268). Document treated as Word 2000 document}.

If I hide the declarations I get a yellow traffic light and the
message: [Filtering] Internal Warning(36534) {Warning: Unknown 'new FIB' value (268). Document treated as Word 2000 document}.

When I open the yellow traffic light file to translate, all the text is there. However, after exporting and opening in Word, the first few paragraphs are full of y's with umlauts (2 dots) over them - my translation has disappeared. The rest of the text is OK.

The same thing happened with a Powerpoint 2003 file. When I resaved the file on another computer with Powerpoint 2002 everything was OK.

Is anyone else having the same problems?

Regards,
Jill

I eventually found out that Transit didn't officially support Office 2003 at that time and the FFD (file format definition) couldn't cope with import/export. Maybe your document was written with Office 2007, which isn't supported yet, AFAIK.

The only way to solve the problem at that time was to save the file under another name using Word/Powerpoint 2002/2000. See if that helps.

Good luck!
Jill

Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 8, 2007

Gillian Scheibelein wrote:

Hi Francoise,
I had the same problem in 2004 and posted in the Yahoo User Group (see below), but I didn't get any replies.
I know, I saw your question, that's about the only occurrence I could find on the whole Internet!

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. The files were definitely not written with Office 2007 and the problem also happens with files I've created with my own Word 2000 program. I have no idea why it isn't working.

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
FDD? May 14, 2007

Hi Francoise,
maybe your FDD is corrupted or Word is causing the problem. You could send me the file and I'll see whether I have the same problem (i.e. Word problem).

Regards,
Jill

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

{Warning: Unknown 'new FIB' value (268). Document treated as Word 2000 document}

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »