Mobile menu

Someone able to extract tmx from source and target extract file?
Thread poster: Jerzy Czopik

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:36
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
May 11, 2007

I've got a Transit Satellite project, containing two extract files (called _AEXTR_1.DEU and _AEXTR_1.PLK). NOw this is not a problem to transform all but those files to Trados tagged format.
Could someone please create a TM (tmx export) out of those files for me? With Satellite you can do next to nothing...

MTIA
Jerzy

Direct link

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:36
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Let me try my hand on it! May 12, 2007

I will gladly try to help you, using TRADOS or WordFast for producing a bitext and then a TMX TM.

Please send me the files privately

Saludos

Direct link

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
need Polish installed May 12, 2007

Hi Jerzy,
I would gladly help you if I could. Unfortunately, it can only be done with Transit if both languages are installed, and I don't have Polish. You'll have to find someone who does.

You should be able to open the file (File>open>language pair) and copy the text (1st segment CRTL + SHIFT + END) from each window and paste into a word file -> align.

HTH
Cheers,
Jill

Direct link

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately the files (_AEXTR...) are not to be translated May 13, 2007

and thus do not appear in the file list in the project.
You know, Satellite limits me to do only what the PM has prepared and nothing more.

Jerzy

Direct link

Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
another trick May 14, 2007

Hi Jerzy,

you can open each file with the Windows Editor and then manipulate correspondingly. At least that would give you access to the contents of the segments. Not very satisfactory, I know.

Regards,
Jill

Direct link

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In fact this is where I came from May 14, 2007

I did open the files in Windows editor, or better in Word, but this is what I`ve got:

The problem is, I cannot find out how to remove all those squares...

Jerzy

Direct link

Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
see what you mean May 14, 2007

There appear to be a number of different squares. A copy/paste of a single square into the search box works, but you'd have to do it for each. Very time-consuming. The other possibility is a manual delete - also time-consuming. The best option is still to find someone with Polish installed or use Transit.

Best of luck,
Jill

Direct link

Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
PluzToys Jul 31, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

I've got a Transit Satellite project, containing two extract files (called _AEXTR_1.DEU and _AEXTR_1.PLK). NOw this is not a problem to transform all but those files to Trados tagged format.
Could someone please create a TM (tmx export) out of those files for me? With Satellite you can do next to nothing...

MTIA
Jerzy

Hi
sorry, I don't understand very well.
I recall you mentioned PlusToys for Transit working files (for example .DEU and .PLK). I also use it.
In your case (processing the "Transit memory files"), you can placing just these files in a different directory ( _AEXTR_1.DEU and _AEXTR_1.PLK) and use the same Word macro used for Transit working files, obtaining a bilingual, Trados segmented file.
Then you can "clean up" that file in a Trados memory, if you wish to create a Trados memory.

regards
Ilde

Direct link

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not enough patience Jul 31, 2007

The files are huge and I lost my temper when trying to use the macro, as it took ages and nothing seemed to happen.
So I've done the project with the help of Antonin Otahal, who converted them to tmx for me.
After that I had another big project in Transit and then managed to convert the files to Trados rtf using the macro you mentioned. What I only needed was a second PC, which remained untouched running this macro and nothing else for some three hours or so... Next time I will simply wait more patiently.

Best regards
Jerzy

PS
The problem from this topic is already solved, so I'm closing it.

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Someone able to extract tmx from source and target extract file?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs