Mobile menu

Can txf files sent from Transit XV be received in Transit PE?
Thread poster: Andy Zhang

Andy Zhang  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:01
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 9, 2007

The customer requires use of Transit PE, and I want to use Transit XV. I wonder if use of Transit XV will cause a problem. Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 20:01
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
No problem at all Dec 9, 2007

PE is a free version with restricted functionality; you can receive and send projects with XV without any problems.

Antonin

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:01
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
No.... Dec 9, 2007

Hi Andrew,

A TXF file can only be imported if you have the corresponding COD file created during import of the original file into Transit. This COD file contains all the formating + styles etc. required to import the TXF.

I'm not sure if I understand the problem: does the customer want you to use Satellite (PE) or the full version XV ? Both versions can import PXF files and export TXF files, and neither can import a TXF without the COD.

Cheers,
Jill

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can txf files sent from Transit XV be received in Transit PE?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs