Mobile menu

Can txf files sent from Transit XV be received in Transit PE?
Thread poster: Andy Zhang

Andy Zhang  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 9, 2007

The customer requires use of Transit PE, and I want to use Transit XV. I wonder if use of Transit XV will cause a problem. Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 06:43
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
No problem at all Dec 9, 2007

PE is a free version with restricted functionality; you can receive and send projects with XV without any problems.

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:43
German to English
+ ...
No.... Dec 9, 2007

Hi Andrew,

A TXF file can only be imported if you have the corresponding COD file created during import of the original file into Transit. This COD file contains all the formating + styles etc. required to import the TXF.

I'm not sure if I understand the problem: does the customer want you to use Satellite (PE) or the full version XV ? Both versions can import PXF files and export TXF files, and neither can import a TXF without the COD.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can txf files sent from Transit XV be received in Transit PE?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs