https://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/92384-transit_30_satellite%3A_txf_contains_less_files_than_pxf.html

Transit 3.0 Satellite: TXF contains less files than PXF
Thread poster: Jacob Winsemius (X)
Jacob Winsemius (X)
Jacob Winsemius (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:39
German to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 19, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I've proofread a project, which was translated by another vendor, and inserted my changes in the files. After having sent my TXF file back to the client, I was notified that a number of files were missing.
I've checked the number of files in the original PXF by converting it to ZIP and counting the files - there are 58 of them. Then I converted the TXF file I'd sent to ZIP, and there were only 45 files in it.
Is it possible that Transit Satellite PE 3.0
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I've proofread a project, which was translated by another vendor, and inserted my changes in the files. After having sent my TXF file back to the client, I was notified that a number of files were missing.
I've checked the number of files in the original PXF by converting it to ZIP and counting the files - there are 58 of them. Then I converted the TXF file I'd sent to ZIP, and there were only 45 files in it.
Is it possible that Transit Satellite PE 3.0 only allows for a maximum number of 45 files in one TXF file?
Does anybody know how I can work around this?
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards from Brussels,
Jacob
Collapse

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Only changed files are exported to TXF Dec 19, 2007

Depending on the project settings, it is possible that files are only exported to TXF if changes have been made to them. To test and if necessary circumvent this phenomenon, make a "fake" change (enter something and then delete it) in the missing file(s), save them and export the project again.

Endre

Luca Ruella
Luca Ruella  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Copy language pair files Dec 19, 2007

Jacob Winsemius wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Is it possible that Transit Satellite PE 3.0 only allows for a maximum number of 45 files in one TXF file?
Does anybody know how I can work around this?
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards from Brussels,
Jacob

Just go to the project folder and manually zip the target language pair files.

Jacob Winsemius (X)
Jacob Winsemius (X)  Identity Verified
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved - indeed only changed files are exported to TXF Dec 19, 2007

Thanks to you both, especially to Endres - I followed your suggestion, which worked out perfectly.

Happy translating & holidays,
Jacob

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit 3.0 Satellite: TXF contains less files than PXF

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »