Transit XV: work progress count.
Thread poster: Egidijus Slepetys

Egidijus Slepetys  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:59
German to Lithuanian
Feb 7, 2008

(sorry for bad English)

From the customer I know, that about 40% of the text I'm translating are repetitions. The text is quite big, so I really need to know, how far I am with my translation-progress (how many words without repetitions are left).

I am using Transit XV Professional.

Please help me with any suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:59
English to Dutch
+ ...
project -status - update Feb 7, 2008

Hi Egiz,

on top of your screen is a pulldown menu 'project'
In the menu, choose 'status'
You'll see a small screen. In the bottom half of this, you'll have to specify whether you want your info to be per word, character, etc. Once you've set this, click 'update'.

Good luck!

German to Lithuanian
TOPIC STARTER
I need something more Feb 7, 2008

Thanks Margreet, but I need something more.

I know, that among these "untranslated/imported" words there will be lots of repetitions.
I still can't understand, how the customer/agency knows these repetitions before the translation (I mean, when using Transit, Trados I understand).

Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Higher version/other tool Feb 7, 2008

Hi Egiz,

I don't know how to get to this detailed result in Transit XV. I do know there are bigger/higher versions of Transit that agencies use; I think it's called Professional and it's terribly expensive.
Perhaps you can set a filter for Segment Status; check the manual for Filter & Segment settings.

Something else you could do, is get a tool like Anycount of some other counting tool (there are a few you can download from the internet at no cost) and do your own counting.

Sorry, I know this is not a real solution to your problem, but it's the best I can offer at this point.

Good luck once more!

German to Lithuanian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Margreet Feb 8, 2008

Thank you for your help, I will try that.

Have a good day,
Egiz

Luis M. Cuerdo Galarraga  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Some options. Feb 8, 2008

I also use Transit XV and I think it does not have that feature. So there are 2 solutions tha come to my mind:

-Send the project to the client so that he can tell you. This would be the easy one, but you probably do not want to bother your client.

-Copy/paste the segments you have left into word, and export the memory into Trados and run the Trados analisys.(even without exporting the TM you will see the matches withing the text)

Hope you find a better solution!

[Edited at 2008-02-08 09:34]

German to Lithuanian
TOPIC STARTER
I think, I found the solution Feb 8, 2008

I thank you all for your help, it was very useful.

My solution would be:

1. Project --> Status
2. Options --> Report type: Translation (not Progress, as usual)
3. Hit "Update"-Button.
Now the Transit-report shows detailed statistics with "Not translated", "Pretranslated" etc. word-amounts.
So the column "Translated" shows only actually translated word, because there are another columns for "Fuzzy 100%" etc.

Because I know from the client, how many new words my project contains, so I can do the subtraction: [total new project words] - [translated words] = [new words to translate].

I hope, the client didn't lie about the total amount and I can catch the deadline.
And I hope, my thoughts are right.

When I translate, I really need to know, how far I am.

Best regards to you all,
Egiz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit XV: work progress count.

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs